Can Boynton get the trifecta?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Except it's a little scary to sign with a school under investigation and possibly facing serious sanctions. I've caught on those thing don't really factor in.
I haven’t seen anything where Thompson has actually signed with Kansas. He just committed yesterday but a search does not show that he has signed. There may be a reason for that.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I haven’t seen anything where Thompson has actually signed with Kansas. He just committed yesterday but a search does not show that he has signed. There may be a reason for that.
I thought because it wasn't signing day yet.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Oh no, Bill.

Rod Thompson paraphrases some of Self’s winning pitch to Bryce: “Elite players go to elite schools. If you’re an elite quarterback, you go to OU. If you’re an elite basketball player, you go to Kansas. You were custom-built for this.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/c...cle_0eea1f1c-17be-5940-8964-b06514349614.html
And I can imagine our coach Boynton saying something like. Your good. But your going to have to earn your minutes if you choose Oklahoma State.
Doubt that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Except today is signing day.

I pay no attention to recruiting. Getting emotionally invested in some kid who could change his mind twice in the course of a tweet is to aggravating for me.

Jun 23, 2005
I’m surprised he went to KU, but I get the family connection to Self. I wonder if all the guards we have stockpiled at OSU was a factor in his decision?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Except today is signing day.

I pay no attention to recruiting. Getting emotionally invested in some kid who could change his mind twice in the course of a tweet is to aggravating for me.
Just pay attention to OSU social media would have told you it was signing day.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Except it's a little scary to sign with a school under investigation and possibly facing serious sanctions. I've caught on those thing don't really factor in.
Kentucky fans thought "OsU would be punished and under investigation" .

I don't want to sound like the Cats.
But the Kentucky fans had no basis for that, we know Kansas is under investigation.

Aug 7, 2006
Kentucky fans thought "OsU would be punished and under investigation" .

I don't want to sound like the Cats.
The difference is Kansas has been served a notice of allegations from the NCAA that alleges significant violations. We don't have that happening here.

Jul 7, 2010
Saratoga Springs, NY
I’m surprised he went to KU, but I get the family connection to Self. I wonder if all the guards we have stockpiled at OSU was a factor in his decision?
I'm not super surprised. He stated during the course of his recruitment that he wanted a "basketball first" school, which KU definitely is.

And, truth be told, not every kid wants to win a National Championship. Regardless of the pending sanctions against KU, they will still play next season, still sell out every game and play on ESPN every night, and he will still develop well as an NBA prospect.

I said this in the recruiting page - I'm not really losing much sleep over this one. We got the better player in Cade. Best of luck to Bryce and his future. Now, lets get Thor and go try to win a National Championship next year!

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
I'm not super surprised. He stated during the course of his recruitment that he wanted a "basketball first" school, which KU definitely is.

And, truth be told, not every kid wants to win a National Championship. Regardless of the pending sanctions against KU, they will still play next season, still sell out every game and play on ESPN every night, and he will still develop well as an NBA prospect.

I said this in the recruiting page - I'm not really losing much sleep over this one. We got the better player in Cade. Best of luck to Bryce and his future. Now, lets get Thor and go try to win a National Championship next year!
And the opportunity to play for the same man who coached your dad twenty years ago would be pretty hard to turn down