1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cargo Trailer Conversion

Discussion in 'Tailgating, Cooking, Intoxicology' started by skinok, Jul 23, 2012.

1. skinok

skinok Wrangler

I am considering buying a 6x12 cargo trailer to convert for tailgating uses (primarily). Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what they would do to retrofit it? If anyone has any pictures of any they have seen done before, please let me know.

Primary functions of trailer:

Place to store gear (Tents, Coolers, Chairs, Grill, Etc.)
    Place to put babies and children in during hot games. (Would like to put a portable AC in the trailer and use the vent out of the top.)
    Possibly mount tv and speakers on side of trailer. Would be taken down and stored when traveling.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

2. Kabob1865

Kabob1865 Lives on Steak and Refried Beans A/V Subscriber

Have you thought about going with a 7' or 8' foot tall one so you and your buddies could hang out inside if it were rainy or cold?
    Here are my ideas without getting my Legos out:
    1. RV Type AC on top
    2. 3000 watt Honda Generator mounted to the tongue
    3. Orange spray in bedliner floor or orange and black checkerboard stick on tiles
    4. Minibar cabinet with marine style liquor bottle holders, clean ice sink and a dump sink draining into a 5 gallon home depot bucket.
    5. Some sort of vinyl wrap
    6. 12V Orange Neon lights
    7. RV type crank out awning on the side where the TV and Stereo are.
    6. Develop a motocross habit so your wife doesn't say "What are you going to use it for the other 9 months of the year?"

paulpoke likes this.
  3. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter

I dont know what they cost but I have a buddy that is a salesman for a company that does those vehicle wraps. They do a TON of them and you can design any type of look you want. They have their own graphic artists so you can just give them ideas and they will crank something out for you.

Can't be any more expensive than a nice paint job.

4. LandscapePoke

LandscapePoke Cowboy

5. NicklesOSU

NicklesOSU Coffee's for closers only A/V Subscriber

6. Kabob1865

7. jimmy81

jimmy81 Cowboy A/V Subscriber

If you haven't found one yet, I could be looking to sell mine after this season (see Avatar).
    It's a 5x8 and works great for tailgating. There are just a few upgrades I want to do, so I'm thinking this winter I will build ver. 2.0.

8. OP150

OP150 Ready for Baseball A/V Subscriber

Given this is a trailer thread, I was curious about something. I'd like to restore a military M416 trailer for tailgate duty. But where do you park it? Do you get a Posse parking pass for the trailer as well?

9. Kabob1865

http://www.okstate.com/facilities/boone-pickens-tailgate.html

"Tailgaters are NOT allowed to occupy more than one parking space with tents or other objects unless additional passes are displayed on equipment. All sidewalks, drive lanes and fire lanes must be secured and fully accessible at all times. Cords, generators, satellite dishes, etc. must be confined to allotted space and cannot stretch across drive lanes." - From OSU Posse

It looks like if you had an additional pass you can park it next to your car. I've seen some people park their trailer smokers on the grass on campus, but I have a feeling that this is frowned upon.

10. Kabob1865

Ah, the M416, I've heard they are hard to find. I have an MKT-85. It has more storage and counter space than my house. Drop the top, fold the sides and it's done until the next week.

MKT85.jpg

11. OP150

OP150 Ready for Baseball A/V Subscriber

Sorry skinok, not trying to hijack. Yeah, been keeping an eye out. Think it'd look good behind my H3 Alpha if I ever get to the point where I have Saturdays off. Actually drew up some plans for it with amenities on either side and storage down the middle for awning(s), chairs, power, etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My if I ever won the lottery idea would be based on a surplus HMMWV with a high ambulance body. Yes, I know, but the Phantom Pete colors match the "tacticool" nature of the truck.

[​IMG]

12. 71Cowboys

71Cowboys Greenhorn

We are finishing up the one we built for this year, here are some pics, sorry some of them are pretty grainy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jimmy McCown

Jimmy McCown Wrangler

Just curious how or where did you get the logos? It looks sweet!

14. 71Cowboys

71Cowboys Greenhorn

We found the company online. They were selling smaller ones but said they could do custom sizes, so we contacted them. They can do pretty much anything, they didn't even show the large pete as an option, we just sent them a file and they sized it to what we needed, and they said they were licensed for all ncaa logos. I can't find the company name, but her email is canvasexp@aol.com.

15. skinok

skinok Wrangler

That is an AWESOME trailer. Exactly what I'm looking for... Now how much do you want for it??? jk

16. 71Cowboys

71Cowboys Greenhorn

It's funny you say that, one of my employees was just telling me yesterday that I should build these on the side and sell them. Problem with that is unless I'm doing it for myself, I don't think anyone could afford what I would charge for labor. haha

We did set everything up for a test run last weekend. Cant wait till Saturday!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]