CFN fearless prediction, Cowboys vs Mizzou

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
I'm not buying this prediction. They are usually decent on their picks......... Pokes win a close one . https://collegefootballnews.com/201...lahoma-state-fearless-prediction-game-preview
It's a coin flip, IMO, and the CFN article does a good job of explaining the factors that bear on this. A Poke win requires OSU to come out strong and not play from behind as that is not a place where this team excels. The coin flip comes down to whether the team and the coaching staff has figured out how to adjust to the missing parts to come out with a game plan that inspires confidence. Bad play calls that end up with punts instead of points will quickly eat away at confidence. As CFN says, this has the potential to be a very entertaining game. I hope we get one where the coin flip comes up POKES.

Good read - thanks for posting!!

Mar 8, 2010
I just don't see a 6-6 Big XII team beating a 8-4 SEC team, especially with some of our key players absent. I hope I'm wrong, but you have to have some pretty strong orange colored glasses to feel good about this one.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
In the past, Grundy has rewarded the players by opening the playbook and having fun. If that happens, Pokes win. If he tightens it up, Pokes lose.

And the CFN article format spread of 7 pages - sucks.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
A Poke win requires OSU to come out strong and not play from behind as that is not a place where this team excels.
We were down at halftime to both WV and OU. Maybe the only thing this team really excels at is getting into opposing backfields, but we can absolute come from behind, even against very good teams.

Aug 31, 2008
An 8-4 SEC team that could easily be 10-2 with their only convincing losses to Alabama and Georgia vs a 6-6 big 12 team that is missing players and is 2-5 in their last 7, yeah i dont see how anyone would think that we will win.

Can we win? yes but i would put my money on Mizzou

Jul 8, 2006
norman
In the past, Grundy has rewarded the players by opening the playbook and having fun. If that happens, Pokes win. If he tightens it up, Pokes lose.

I didn't care for the 7 pages either, but still a good read.

Jul 8, 2006
norman
An 8-4 SEC team that could easily be 10-2 with their only convincing losses to Alabama and Georgia vs a 6-6 big 12 team that is missing players and is 2-5 in their last 7, yeah i dont see how anyone would think that we will win.

Can we win? yes but i would put my money on Mizzou
Pokes currently +8 points. I think they at least cover....

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008

Sad that it takes a bowl game and awarding the players to get gundy to play to win