CFN Ok State vs. Missouri State prediction & preview

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
Actually, this is a bad loss for us just for playing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed, no more FCS............:cursing:
And I suppose the FCS and/or P5 mat-dweller opponents that the SEC play every year towards the end of the year are okay.

Almost everyone plays somebody you know you're going to walk all over. Get over it.

Mar 8, 2010
IMO - it s the perfect game for a new quarterback to begin the season. I like how this season sets up. By the time the meat of the schedule comes into play, we'll have some necessary experience and confidence to have a good shot at 9-10 win season.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
IMO - it s the perfect game for a new quarterback to begin the season. I like how this season sets up. By the time the meat of the schedule comes into play, we'll have some necessary experience and confidence to have a good shot at 9-10 win season.
We have a shot at the big 12 if our defenses plays good

Jul 8, 2006
norman
And I suppose the FCS and/or P5 mat-dweller opponents that the SEC play every year towards the end of the year are okay.

Almost everyone plays somebody you know you're going to walk all over. Get over it.
Get over what? I'd rather play ANY D-1 school than a FCS team. At least S. Alabama is D-1. So Stonewall, if everyone else does it we should eh? Nice logic.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Get over what? I'd rather play ANY D-1 school than a FCS team. At least S. Alabama is D-1. So Stonewall, if everyone else does it we should eh? Nice logic.
The season ticket holders would rather see a P5 opponent. I wonder if the attendance will be affected playing an FCS team on a Thursday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
The season ticket holders would rather see a P5 opponent. I wonder if the attendance will be affected playing an FCS team on a Thursday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
attendance will probably be so so........... I would rather see a P5 opponent, but this is OSU we're talking about....... people should be used to it by now......

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
Yes, because everybody else does it, it makes sense that we do it too. This isn't jumping off a bridge; this is scheduling your non-conference opponents. And nearly every school in America ends up with an FCS opponent.

The truth is, we're probably the epitome of a P5 school that nobody wants to face. It's probably slightly harder for us to get a big name to ink with us. This is the reality of college football scheduling.

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
Yes, this is what Mike Gundy wants. Holder actually wants to play teams with a pulse
And we're doing both.

We're getting the adjustment/warm up/evaluation game in Missouri State (and to a degree, South Alabama). And we're playing a team known nationally that definitely has a pulse (Boise State is arguably the class of the Group of Five teams).

I hope this didn't get in the way of your daily self-indulgence into frothing at the mouth at something that Gundy does.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
And we're doing both.

We're getting the adjustment/warm up/evaluation game in Missouri State (and to a degree, South Alabama). And we're playing a team known nationally that definitely has a pulse (Boise State is arguably the class of the Group of Five teams).

I hope this didn't get in the way of your daily self-indulgence into frothing at the mouth at something that Gundy does.
Boise State is better than most non power 5 opponents but they are a lose lose in my mind. You beat them and it is expected but you lose to them and it’s not a great loss. I would much rather play a PAC 12 team like Oregon or someone along those lines.