CFN season prediction for Pokes football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'd take Hurts over any of our QB's, all day and every day. I'm telling y'all, as someone whom has a TRUTHFUL family member whom is associated within the OSU football program, we desperately need and need to hope the current QB commit from California, to be great as soon as he steps on campus.

Hurts may not have a Heisman worthy season at OU, but he just may. I'd take him as our QB, and so would Gundy, and so would many other HCs and many other OCs.
Which one (i.e. QB commit from California...if its the guy that I think...he certainly looks the part) BUT I think we have two...so which one?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I’m getting that vibe. Better hope Costello can play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unlike some on here I don't claim to know **** about what is going on inside the program. But I do know, baring injuries, Costello will not get any significant time at QB this year.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'd take Hurts over any of our QB's, all day and every day. I'm telling y'all, as someone whom has a TRUTHFUL family member whom is associated within the OSU football program, we desperately need and need to hope the current QB commit from California, to be great as soon as he steps on campus.

Hurts may not have a Heisman worthy season at OU, but he just may. I'd take him as our QB, and so would Gundy, and so would many other HCs and many other OCs.
Lol. Ha ha ha ha.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I was responding to your comment about the offense. Therefore I didn’t address anything about the defense. You cannot surmise what I know about the defense based on my comments about the offense. Nice try to act smart though. It didn’t work.
my comment was about the offense as it relates to the defense. I made no statement about the offense that was not tied to the defense.

I simply asked why the offense not the defense.

you missed half the entire post... SMH

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Frank Bonner took a look back at how Mike Gundy has stacked up against each team over the years. Excerpts...

At Tulsa

2:30 p.m. Sept. 14, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Number of games: 3

Record against Tulsa: 3-0

Largest win: 65-28 (37 points) on Sept. 18, 2010

Last game: OSU won 59-24 on Aug. 31, 2017

The Cowboys have scored at least 59 points and allowed no more than 33 points to create a 183-85 point differential in the three games that Gundy has faced Tulsa. Gundy is undefeated against TU, but the Golden Hurricane will have plenty of more cracks at OSU in the upcoming seasons. Both teams have agreed to an eight-year series starting in 2024.
At Texas

TBD Sept. 21

Number of games: 14

Record against Texas: 7-7

Largest win: 38-13 (25 points) on Nov. 16, 2013

Largest loss: 41-14 (27 points) on Oct. 31, 2009

Last game: OSU won 38-35 on Oct. 27, 2018

Gundy struggled against Texas in his first five seasons as head coach. He lost all five games by a combined margin of 79 points. His first win against the Longhorns came in his sixth season when the Cowboys traveled to Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in 2010 to beat Texas 33-16. OSU is 7-2 against Texas since the 2010 season and is currently on a four-game winning streak against the Longhorns.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
my comment was about the offense as it relates to the defense. I made no statement about the offense that was not tied to the defense.

I simply asked why the offense not the defense.

you missed half the entire post... SMH
Haha! Your question was “Why should the offense be "solid"?”. That is exactly what I answered.

Jul 28, 2006
Wow, that's disappointing to hear.
When will you people learn. The media's focus in Oklahoma is to always cast doubt. Everyday all day, it's the same tired old playbook. Sanders is a major talent. The best athlete OSU has had at QB in a long long time. He's got a strong arm and he can run like a deer with great instincts. The best quality he has is his overwhelming confidence and competitive spirit. We have our franchise QB. The question is really more about what we will be willing to let him do. Costello will be sitting for several years baring injury. Cheer up men. QB is a strength. Sanders will win the newcomer or freshman big xii award and maybe more. Hide a and watch. BTW, I was the first to tell everyone Chubba was better than Hill before he even walked on campus.

Nov 6, 2010
When will you people learn. The media's focus in Oklahoma is to always cast doubt. Everyday all day, it's the same tired old playbook. Sanders is a major talent. The best athlete OSU has had at QB in a long long time. He's got a strong arm and he can run like a deer with great instincts. The best quality he has is his overwhelming confidence and competitive spirit. We have our franchise QB. The question is really more about what we will be willing to let him do. Costello will be sitting for several years baring injury. Cheer up men. QB is a strength. Sanders will win the newcomer or freshman big xii award and maybe more. Hide a and watch. BTW, I was the first to tell everyone Chubba was better than Hill before he even walked on campus.
I haven't heard anything from the media, I was going strictly off Gumby's comment. It would seem to make sense as well given the reluctance to put either of them in when Corn was struggling to the point of complete ineptitude in a couple games last year.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
In the back of my mind, the lesser lit part, I have this faint concern. It started when he got no PT last year and got a little louder after spring workouts. "If Sanders is all he is supposed to be, why has he not been named the starter yet?" He looks really good in all the film I've seen.

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Haha! Your question was “Why should the offense be "solid"?”. That is exactly what I answered.
I was not asking "in general" I was responding to the post that I quoted, which said:

Offense should be solid, but defense is questionable again. If we don’t change that trend, Taco Tech will claim we copied their gameplay

I said - why is the offense going to be solid, they have as many or more issues as the defense.

YOU DID NOT READ THE ENTIRE POST. You didn't eat your meat. If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat

If you can't smell the beans, don't swim in the crock-pot

Jul 28, 2006
I haven't heard anything from the media, I was going strictly off Gumby's comment. It would seem to make sense as well given the reluctance to put either of them in when Corn was struggling to the point of complete ineptitude in a couple games last year.
Good point, you haven't heard anything. Imagine if the Texas Gatorade Player of the year was a freshman at OU. You'd be hearing his name a ton.

The whole sticking with Corn deal was tough at times and at times he was brilliant. I blame Yurcich mostly, he didn't seem to understand how to get Corn's confidence going. IMO, the reason neither( spence or Brown) were brought in was to protect the future. Gundy knew we weren't going to compete for a championship last year. He also knew if Spencer played, the media would crucify him if they could and convince Brown to transfer again if they couldn't bag on Spence. They would have also hammered Gundy for crapping on corn after he had been so loyal and stayed for that one year. The media will always spin the negative at OSU so you pick the least of their poisons. The what if scenario. That's the very same reason Brown got the snaps in the bowl game. We need a solid backup. Spencer believes he's the future, but brown has think he has a chance.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Hey, he toned it down, when I was in band they called us band FAGS.
I started both ways through my freshman year of football and quit along with several other guys to stay in band. Some of the football players used to rag me a little and I always told them, "when WE travel to away games I'm sitting by a twirler or a cheerleader on one of the band buses. Who are you sitting next to on the team bus?" That would usually shut them up.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Wow, that's disappointing to hear.
Okay. He has an arm and can run. You could probably fill a stadium with good arms and legs. But can he execute a college offense at a high level? Many have tried and failed. And so far, he couldn’t get on the field last year, and the Spring was filled with mistakes. I’m anxiously waiting (and hoping) he lives up to the hype.

Nov 6, 2010
Good point, you haven't heard anything. Imagine if the Texas Gatorade Player of the year was a freshman at OU. You'd be hearing his name a ton.

The whole sticking with Corn deal was tough at times and at times he was brilliant. I blame Yurcich mostly, he didn't seem to understand how to get Corn's confidence going. IMO, the reason neither( spence or Brown) were brought in was to protect the future. Gundy knew we weren't going to compete for a championship last year. He also knew if Spencer played, the media would crucify him if they could and convince Brown to transfer again if they couldn't bag on Spence. They would have also hammered Gundy for crapping on corn after he had been so loyal and stayed for that one year. The media will always spin the negative at OSU so you pick the least of their poisons. The what if scenario. That's the very same reason Brown got the snaps in the bowl game. We need a solid backup. Spencer believes he's the future, but brown has think he has a chance.
Dude, come on. Are you saying Gundy was making decisions on playing time based on potential local media blowback?? If that's the case, put me firmly in the fire Gundy camp, and I'm not pitching my tent there by any means. The man has WAY too much football knowledge and job security to care what kind of an article Jenni or Barry writes. You are getting way out there on a borderline tin foil limb with that argument.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Dude, come on. Are you saying Gundy was making decisions on playing time based on potential local media blowback?? If that's the case, put me firmly in the fire Gundy camp, and I'm not pitching my tent there by any means. The man has WAY too much football knowledge and job security to care what kind of an article Jenni or Barry writes. You are getting way out there on a borderline tin foil limb with that argument.
1000% agree