Chuba award thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That's ridiculous. Everyone knew he wouldn't won, but he deserved to be in New York among the finalists.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Isn’t it harder to be “elite” on a good team then to be “elite” on a Blue Blood full of good role players ?

Not sure why they don’t understand that.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Came down to the OU game. Pokes just didn’t do enough that night. Hope he comes back and wins the damn thing next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to disagree. Most of these voters were pretty much locked and loaded before Bedlam ever kicked off. By November 1 the list is pretty short and it’s a matter of moving names around based on the last 3-4 games. . Aside from something catastrophic (Tua goes down) it doesn’t change much and I doubt Chuba was ever on the short list.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Came down to the OU game. Pokes just didn’t do enough that night. Hope he comes back and wins the damn thing next year!

I have to disagree. Most of these voters were pretty much locked and loaded before Bedlam ever kicked off. By November 1 the list is pretty short and it’s a matter of moving names around based on the last 3-4 games. . Aside from something catastrophic (Tua goes down) it doesn’t change much and I doubt Chuba was ever on the short list.
You are probably right, but I want to believe Chuba gets the invite with a monster game against OU. My orange glasses in full affect. The kid is a great player and I’d like to see him up there.

Apr 7, 2006
Tough to be a finalist on a 8-4 team
Not if you play for a blue bloods or you're a QB. If he played for OU, Alabama or Ohio State his name would've been penciled in by mid October and it would've required him doing something to have his name removed from the list.

You guys will never get it - the system is made for programs like OU to stay on top. Has been and continues to be more true as more money is generated.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
We think he should be in New York, and his numbers say he should, but in reality it all came down to Bedlam. Wasn't his fault, he ran hard that night, but he needed a spectacular game in the spotlight, and it didn't happen.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
We think he should be in New York, and his numbers say he should, but in reality it all came down to Bedlam. Wasn't his fault, he ran hard that night, but he needed a spectacular game in the spotlight, and it didn't happen.
Probably says as much about the perceived value of RB's today, but I think people would be a little surprised if they compared Chuba's numbers with other guys over the last 5 years & how many of those guys weren't Heisman finalists.

13 guys have run for 1900 yards or more since 2015. It isn't a Sanders-like season. Granted, it's 12 games & in some instances 13 games, but the numbers aren't as staggering as some would think.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Didn't he still beat their stats with 1 less game?

Yes, & so did other guys in recent years.

Like I said, great season, but nowhere near unheard of numbers.
No one else did it this year though. He's got as good or better stats as the last few running backs to go to New York and or win the award. You can talk history all you want in different ways. Personally, it would have hurt the trust not one bit to have invited him at least, and it would have at least made it look more legit than it did by inviting 2 players from the same team.