Chuba award thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
The glorified club sport strikes again.

OU claims a national championship from a year they were banned from even playing in a bowl because they were on probation for cheating. A bunch of voters voted them #1 in the final rankings, and this equates to a national championship.

We claim a national championship that was voted on by a bunch of voters 65+ years after that season ended.

OU claims a national championship in a year in which they lost their freakin bowl game.

Central Florida claims a national championship from 2017 because no one would give them a shot even though they never lost.

Great sport, but it has a history as dumb as a box of rocks. I used to love the sport, but my hatred for the college football system, as a whole, is growing year by year. We shouldn’t even call it football anymore. We should just call it “helmet stickers.”

Aug 16, 2019
Edmond, Oklahoma
Taylor wasn’t even the best running back in his own conference. Reggie Bush had it right when he was interviewed about who should win the award. He said a Chuba and JK Dobbins were the two best running backs in the country this year.

Feb 18, 2009
We think he should be in New York, and his numbers say he should, but in reality it all came down to Bedlam. Wasn't his fault, he ran hard that night, but he needed a spectacular game in the spotlight, and it didn't happen.
He had two huge chances to crank off separate 50+ yard TD‘s and missed them both. Radley Hiles just got his shoe string on one or he was gone. No one would have even had a remote chance on that play to stop him. Next one was a beautiful jump cut and last second Radley Hiles got enough of the ball to cause a fumble. Both were set up for huge gains and likely TD’s, just didn’t happen.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
He had two huge chances to crank off separate 50+ yard TD‘s and missed them both. Radley Hiles just got his shoe string on one or he was gone. No one would have even had a remote chance on that play to stop him. Next one was a beautiful jump cut and last second Radley Hiles got enough of the ball to cause a fumble. Both were set up for huge gains and likely TD’s, just didn’t happen.
He 'missed them'? Sounds like you're putting it all on him underperforming in the latter games. I wonder how Taylor or Dobbins would have underperformed if their QB1 and WR1 went down.

Chuba still got it done even though everyone keyed in on him.

Feb 18, 2009
He 'missed them'? Sounds like you're putting it all on him underperforming in the latter games. I wonder how Taylor or Dobbins would have underperformed if their QB1 and WR1 went down.

Chuba still got it done even though everyone keyed in on him.
Not even remotely close to what I was saying. I was talking about two plays in Bedlam, how do you infer latter games from that?

Simple fact is even with ou keying on him, there were two huge opportunities, yes he missed them both. Go watch the tape.

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I'm not sure Barry Sander would have won in today's environment with ESPN controlling who wins what.
Yes he would have. He ran for 2632 yards 2850 and 43 YDs with bowl game. Shattered every record and was transcendent. You have right to be pissed about Chuba but NO, just NO.
Sanders produced 37 touchdowns and a record 3,250 all-purpose yards and averaged 8.3 yards per play as Oklahoma State finished 9-2 and ranked 12th in the polls. Sanders won the Heisman by sweeping all six voting regions. There is no season in history that the Heisman has been awarded that Barry Sanders performance that year would not have won it.....