"Chuba the Great" . . .

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
He is a Chubacabra!!!!! Beast on the run.
Stick in the mud, but cannot get excited by the recent attempt to give the guy this nickname. While being urban legends (Which Hubbard is definitely not), a chupacabra is nothing to revere, it is just a livestock-killing blood sucking creature. A simple play on words is overwhelmed by it being defined as a vile monster with no redeeming value. Is this really the image wanting to be conveyed? As with my position on all nicknames and my lack of understanding why it is so important to give everything a nickname....please feel free to thumb me down.

Aug 16, 2012
Chuba's on pace for 2,250 yards. That would be amazing...
And the talking heads would still give the Heisman to someone on a glamour team. I do not know why I keep believing the trophy is for the best player in football, without asterisks or other qualifications.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
1,888 yards would be the 2nd best annual rushing total in the history of Oklahoma State running backs. He's almost half way there after only 5 games.

If Oklahoma State were able to run the table and play in the Big-12 Championship game, I would think he would get serious Heisman attention....

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Stick in the mud, but cannot get excited by the recent attempt to give the guy this nickname. While being urban legends (Which Hubbard is definitely not), a chupacabra is nothing to revere, it is just a livestock-killing blood sucking creature. A simple play on words is overwhelmed by it being defined as a vile monster with no redeeming value. Is this really the image wanting to be conveyed? As with my position on all nicknames and my lack of understanding why it is so important to give everything a nickname....please feel free to thumb me down.
I’ll bet you are a whiz at parties. Chupacabra is bad for everything that it attacks but it is good for itself. It also is hard to catch.

Aug 16, 2012
I’ll bet you are a whiz at parties. Chupacabra is bad for everything that it attacks but it is good for itself. It also is hard to catch.
Have been to hundreds of parties and pretty sure nicknames never came up once. I wear a great lampshade.

And yeah, an imaginary creature is pretty damn hard to catch. Right up there with snipes.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think you're over thinking this whole deal. I like it just because it sounds bad ***.

Jun 21, 2011
All over the USA
No need to thump you down, sure you can do that on your own. Anyways, that nickname sounds great in my house after a 25 + yard run. You should try it next week, you should have several opportunities. Or heck try coming up with a cool one of your own. We can do a pole and see what sticks. Come on buddy what you got?

Jun 14, 2011
No need to thump you down, sure you can do that on your own. Anyways, that nickname sounds great in my house after a 25 + yard run. You should try it next week, you should have several opportunities. Or heck try coming up with a cool one of your own. We can do a pole and see what sticks. Come on buddy what you got?
We call him "Chubbard" in our house. Great run, Chubbard, eh?! It sounds aboot right to me.