City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Its not just you. They suck. I wish we had another alternative

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It has made working from home a real chore. I reboot the router and TiVo box about three times a day. If they got any real competition it would crater their Stillwater subscribers.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Okay Stillwater, is it just me or is Suddenlink internet crippled?
Is there an alternative provider that is better?
I personally haven't had any issues recently but I've heard several people complain. The only other choice (other than Chickasaw DSL) is AT&T and I haven't heard anything to recommend them over Suddenlink. About four years ago I had U-Verse and it went down a lot plus the customer service was horrible and they outright lied to me on the TV side when I wanted to add a couple of boxes. When I lived in Florida we had Comcast and they sucked, we switched to Verizon they sucked, then had to switch back to Comcast when we moved to a new place they still sucked. Basically the bottom line is they all suck and I haven't experienced one company that was really any better than any of the others.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Years ago at at public meeting a leader from Suddenlink admitted that Stillwater was one of the most difficult towns to convert to digital. Now years later some people are still feeling the after effects. Being bought out by Altice didn't help much in Stillwater.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
So happy I don’t have to deal with Suddenlink anymore. Place I moved to has Comcast and people like to complain about them, but I’ve been here for over a year now with fast internet that hasn’t cut out a single time. Suddenlink use to drop daily at times.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
I noticed yesterday that all houses on the east side of Knoblock across from Thatcher Hall had been torn down. What is going to be built there?

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Follow up on Suddenlink. Ran new line and will replace equipment at pole to strengthen a very weak signal. Already much better and hopefully will improve more when completed.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been anything actually go in the old Hallmark location for years. Russ Teubner owns it & they've been working on it for a looooooooong time.
You are mistaken. That is the old old Hallmark location. The one I am talking about is has been Tombstone, pink Parrot and something else after it was Hallmark. It was Bates Brothers before it was Hallmark. There is progress on the spot that you are talking about. Still not sure what it will be