City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
A coworker said she heard that Harbor Freight was going in next to Del Taco in the old Sirloin Stockade location. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Does NOT show up on the Harbor Freight Tools "coming soon" map.

https://shop.harborfreight.com/storelocator/location/map?zipcode_input=74074
Somebody spoke to the harbor freight in Ponca City and they said definitely that Stillwater is getting one.
Not sure if next to Del Taco or not.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Someone called and they are still open. Apparently just for sale.

Also, El Vaquero is not going to open back up it seems. It's for sale also.

I have heard the asking price for the El Vaq building is over $4.4 million. It is assessed for $2.2 million.

Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
El Vaq for sale for 4 million.We need QUALITY Mexican restaurants. I dont see anything other going into El Vaq besides Mexican due to the decor and style of the building.How about something similar to Fuzzy's around town and not on the strip where parking is limited and college kids flock.Old El Tap is closed.New El Vaq is below average on a good day.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Somebody spoke to the harbor freight in Ponca City and they said definitely that Stillwater is getting one.
Not sure if next to Del Taco or not.

I kinda doubt Harbor Tools feels college students would buy enough tools to keep them in business, unless it hopes to get plenty of business from neighboring towns. Businesses shouldn't underestimate the amount of business they would get from people in neighboring towns. It helps explain why the strip doesn't just totally shut down every summer.

On the other hand, maybe Harbor Tools would like to be in Stillwater by now but hasn't been able to find a suitable location.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
El Vaq for sale for 4 million.We need QUALITY Mexican restaurants. I dont see anything other going into El Vaq besides Mexican due to the decor and style of the building.How about something similar to Fuzzy's around town and not on the strip where parking is limited and college kids flock.Old El Tap is closed.New El Vaq is below average on a good day.
There is often some parking available on the south end of the strip, like at the bank parking lot or Sprouts and parallel parking on the side streets. It's not beyond me to walk a few blocks. I could use the exercise. Some older people don't mind the strip during the day time.

I bet the asking price of $4 million is way too high. It will be interesting to see if a Mexican chain buys it. I hope the new owner doesn't tear out the awesome artwork on the interior walls.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
@StillwaterTownie another bar is going in at 7th and Main in the old Hallmark. Is this number 3 or 4 to try? Signs say it is opening next week
I wasn't well impressed with TFS. Only 7 people were there on a Saturday night at 11 pm. They don't even seem to have any beer on tap. To survive, they ought to copy after Finn's and have a lot of different beer on tap and start a social club for smokers out front. Have kerosene heaters for winter. Anyway, Stillwater isn't much of a bar town outside of the strip.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I kinda doubt Harbor Tools feels college students would buy enough tools to keep them in business, unless it hopes to get plenty of business from neighboring towns. Businesses shouldn't underestimate the amount of business they would get from people in neighboring towns. It helps explain why the strip doesn't just totally shut down every summer.

On the other hand, maybe Harbor Tools would like to be in Stillwater by now but hasn't been able to find a suitable location.
Nowhere in his post did he even mention a thing about students, nowhere. But to each their own tangent, I guess.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
University inn and suites.. Next to Braum's on 6th. They apparently closed for remodel..... But it's been a while and someone in Facebook says they are having financial issues.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
University inn and suites.. Next to Braum's on 6th. They apparently closed for remodel..... But it's been a while and someone in Facebook says they are having financial issues.

Haven't been there in a few years, but I'm not exactly shocked. With all the hotels added in Stillwater over the last decade or so, there's a lot more competition than that outdated place used to have.

I did have a brush with greatness there years ago, when none other than The Junkyard Dog was at the main desk when I showed up to deliver a pizza.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Why is it Stillwater seems to be growing and expanding outward every year but when i hear the numbers on the population it's barely changed in the last few decades?

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Why is it Stillwater seems to be growing and expanding outward every year but when i hear the numbers on the population it's barely changed in the last few decades?
What do you consider barely? In the year 2000 there was 40,000 and it is now a little under 50,000.