City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Stillwater is getting a Home Goods store. Not sure of location but they were accepting bids for construction

Aug 16, 2012
Is this a grocery store or what?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
IMO, on par with Big Lots. Not quite a thrift store in the sense of Dollar General, but not far off. They sell old stuff that could not sell elsewhere. Parent company is TJ Maxx if that tells you anything. Personally, I would not be excited about this coming unless I lived in a small town with only dollar stores as retail options.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
My niece and stepmom keep saying they are hearing rumblings that Harbor Freight is coming to Stillwater. That would be great because my go to gift for Christmas/birthday/father's day to my Dad is usually a Harbor Freight gift card. He loves that place. (so do I) It would be nice if didn't have to come to OKC to spend it.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
We were home for the holidays a couple of weeks ago & Perkins road was a nightmare, moreso than I recall from just 5 years ago.

Also, Duck Street, good lord!! Reminded me of how bad Western had gotten a few years back.
Yep. No left turn lanes with all the new shops there is horrible. It has to be done.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Marcos Pizza is closed but Pizza Inn should be open soon. Old school bagel is moving to the Strip
I guess it really comes down to location & management, with regard to some of these franchises succeeding or failing.

Marco's is a head scratcher for me & why it didn't work in Stillwater. Of course, I said the same thing about Ron's Hamburgers & Johnnie's. Both franchises had big followings in the Tulsa & OKC markets, but apparently not enough from the students who wound up in Stillwater.

As for Pizza Inn, I can't even recall the last one I saw.