1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Clemson and fsu to big 12?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by cowboyethics344, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Celldweller7

A/V Subscriber Celldweller7 Deputy

I am anti-Cincinnati with a passion. A city university in a pro-sports city with a dominate, traditional power in-state. I see no value there.
    i<3mypokes likes this.
  2. CowboyinAZ

CowboyinAZ Cowboy

They don't sound like they want to come. They even classified us in the same ranks as KU and Baylor. A holes.
  3. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

Why would Louisville be in the west?

Put Iowa State in the West and Louisville in the East. Makes more geographical sense.

This is if you do not want KU and KSU to be broken up.
  4. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Cowboy

Link?
  5. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Cowboy

Another long shot but an awesome conference.

East

FSU
    WVU
    Notre Dame
    Clemson
    KU
    KSU
    Louisville

West

Iowa State
    OU
    OSU
    Texas
    Baylor
    Texas Tech
    TCU
  6. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Cowboy

I think "The U" is more likely than ND, and preferable to Cincy.
    cowboyethics344 likes this.
  7. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Cowboy

East

FSU
    WVU
    Miami
    Clemson
    KU
    KSU
    Louisville

West

Iowa State
    OU
    OSU
    Texas
    Baylor
    Texas Tech
    TCU

Tough a$$ conference.
  8. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Cowboy

and the only reason I say Miami, is because we would be raiding the ACC anyway.
    not that there is any reason or rumor to Miami leaving the ACC. Just figured the big12 would just get more than 2 eggs out of that basket.
  9. fig96

fig96 Wrangler

None of it makes geographical sense :)
  10. OSU79

A/V Subscriber OSU79 Wrangler

I've always laughed that anyone would think ND would join the B12. However, the possibility of joining a major conference AND being able to have their own TV network (NBC) might be more of a draw than we've ever had before. And they're getting a lot of DeLoss Dodds love (yummy).

They would instantly move up to #2 on my detest-o-meter, though they have absolutely no chance of ever reaching #1.
    Orange Pride and cowboyethics344 like this.
  11. CowboyinAZ

CowboyinAZ Cowboy

12. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

No it doesnt...but if this is the way it has to be....then so be it....i guess.
  13. teibbor

Staff A/V Subscriber teibbor Moderator

just like a&m being in the southeast when the were in the southwest before the Big 12. Did college station move over the last 20 years?
  14. fig96

fig96 Wrangler

A whole lot of people are apparently under the impression that College Station actually is moving out of Texas, but in any case A&M in the SEC makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than West Virginia to a conference geographically centered around Texas.

I can't say I really care either way, they're welcome to do what they want and I think WVU will be a fun addition to the Big 12. I just find it a bit ironic given all the noise made about SEC travel when A&M was looking to leave.
  15. TouchdownCowboys

TouchdownCowboys Wrangler

Geographically centered around Texas = Texan logic

UT is the undisputed power broker of the Big 12, but you need a map of you really believe your statement. Aggies can now show the world what they have to offer other than not being UT. Good luck because the Big 12 was very good for ATM regardless of how you feel about UT. I hope money and the pride that comes from pulling yourself away from UT's teet improves your fan base culture. I enjoy your input on this forum and wish you well. I hope ATM can find honor in the SEC and not regret walking away from your history. Once you walk the Big 12 plank you are not getting back on the ship.
  16. NJAggie

NJAggie Deputy

I think this one goes a bit beyond Swaim. There is a lot of chatter out there that talks are going on. Which sounds pretty credible. Just remember that talks doesn't mean agreement or movement. It is a possibility now, and I sure wouldn't have thought it was a few months ago.

FSU and Clemson would open up possibilities such as GT, Miami, and MD. It could also shake NC State lose and towards the SEC.

The ACC has hitched it's wagon to basketball, and the first return is that it looks like adding Pitt and Syracuse is going to get them only an extra $1-2M a team for TV. Schools that care about football have got to look at the numbers and realize that the Big XII, SEC, B1G, and PAC are going to have every game on TV, and the members are going to be making $10M+ more than you will in the ACC.

The Big XII had some ego issues, they've been pretty much solved. The ACC is about to find out, just like the BE, that money talks, and money comes from football not hoops.
    DatTallGuy likes this.
  17. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

Only in perspective to media attention. Louisville athletics generate more revenue then either FSU or Clemson.

http://www.ensbsn.com/2011/11/college-sports-revenue-2011-the-list/
  18. OKCFan

OKCFan Wrangler

but media attention is everything. it's all about how many tv sets a football program brings to the table. and FSU and Clemson football will always bring more tv sets than Louisville football.

and until schools share their revenue with their conference members, Louisville generating a lot of revenue doesn't matter a lot.
  19. fig96

fig96 Wrangler

Geographically centered probably wasn't the right term to use, but that doesn't affect that point that the east coast/midwest schools being discussed aren't remotely in the current geographic footprint of the conference. (If you want to get technical the geographic center is probably right around the Texas/OK border.)

And don't worry, I don't think anyone's got any desire to come back :)
  20. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

I'll be the first to say I don't know where all Louisville's basketball revenue comes from but would assume some of that 40 mil comes from TV deals. It is just amazing to me that their basketball team generates more revenue than all but about 15-20 football programs. I just don't think they should be overlooked in the big 12 scenario based solely on football.
    PlatypusJojo likes this.