Coaches Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think we are ranked too low. You know this is just the kind of stupid season we are actually going to challenge for a national title...it just is what it is for us. A couple of reasons for this...

1. We have the best WR corps in the country.
2. We have the top RB in the country
3. We have perhaps the top Safety unit in the conference
4. Our defense is far far better than in the past
5. Our QB has massive potential.

Good Lord I hope we can have fans at the games...This is our best on paper team, IMHO, since 2011....at least let us have 50% capacity or masking 80 - 100% fans.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
So if the season ended today, the big 12 wouldn't get a team in the playoff.
The preseason rankings are merely for sports talk and fans mostly. It's like having Notre Dame and Michigan consistently ranked way too high only to watch them gag when they meet a real team.

Many talk (nonsense) of not having polls until 3-5 games deep into the season, but we all know that's never going to happen because, like them or not, we love to see what others think of our team. We love to see if other "experts" recognize our talent and potential.
As far as we're concerned, OSU is always a dark horse (like Bullet) as much as Texas, ND, Michigan and USC are overrated.

Our problem is that we start so low, it's almost impossible to get into a playoff even if we win go undefeated through the season.

But, as a football fan, this is the time of year where any fan of any team can almost imagine a scenario to where his/her team can go all the way to a National Championship.
Then about game 5 that ship crashes into the rocks leaving only a handful of survivors.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
Starting at #16 and looking at the list in front of us, I don't see a path to the playoffs without some big unexpected losses by those in the top 10. If we were undefeated an outside chance, but no lock even then; we'd be vying for a 3rd or 4th seed versus a one-loss SEC team. 'Tis the state of NCAA football right now.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Vying spot #4 is for s no different than any other year.

SEC Champ#1 or #2 spot
Clemson #1 or #2 spot
tOSU #3 spot
Big 12 or Pac12 #4 spot

All the SEC teams above us will sort out the SEC Champ and put others below us.
Same for Big10.

So we need to beat 0U, uT, and ISU and then not falter at one of the games we are supposed to win. That puts us in spot #4.

Jun 14, 2011
I think we are ranked too low. You know this is just the kind of stupid season we are actually going to challenge for a national title...it just is what it is for us. A couple of reasons for this...

1. We have the best WR corps in the country.
2. We have the top RB in the country
3. We have perhaps the top Safety unit in the conference
4. Our defense is far far better than in the past
5. Our QB has massive potential.

Good Lord I hope we can have fans at the games...This is our best on paper team, IMHO, since 2011....at least let us have 50% capacity or masking 80 - 100% fans.
No disagreements here. However, if this is true, then you could inter-change the word conference with country considering TCU's safeties might be the best in the country. (Paywall article)
http://insider.espn.com/college-foo...llege-football-top-10-returning-safeties-2020

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
Vying spot #4 is for s no different than any other year.

SEC Champ#1 or #2 spot
Clemson #1 or #2 spot
tOSU #3 spot
Big 12 or Pac12 #4 spot

All the SEC teams above us will sort out the SEC Champ and put others below us.
Same for Big10.

So we need to beat 0U, uT, and ISU and then not falter at one of the games we are supposed to win. That puts us in spot #4.
First, we would need to be undefeated. As we proved once before, one loss and we are out. Then we will see.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
First, we would need to be undefeated. As we proved once before, one loss and we are out. Then we will see.
While I agree here, especially with less games this year, the fact that Hubbard has an opportunity to win a Heisman especially with his new found "notoriety," I would think it bodes better for us than in any year since 2011.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Yup. In 2011 they were starting to hype Weeden for Heisman right before the ISU game when it looked like we might be headed for NC game. . . . . :cursing:

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Another year another poll with UT and aTm overrated. One thing is for certain with them though. They will not be the best 6-6 teams in the country this year.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Definitely going to have the go undefeated in order to get into the playoffs. Hope we get out of the gate strong. We’ve tend to start slow the last several year especially with conference openers. Haven’t won an opener since 2015.