Coaching Staff

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Coach Gundy said all week long that we had to take what Texas gave us. They geared up to stop the run, and we finished with 56 rushes & 33 passes. Texas was obviously more talented in the trenches, and we stubbornly tried again & again to run between the tackles. Offensive playcalling was terrible tonight.

The final score would've looked a lot worse if it weren't for the 2 muffed punts & the interception.
And the bad spot..and the 2 interceptions...and the botched hand off at the goal line...wait...

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Same thing game after game, year after year. We play three scrub games and everyone gets all exited. We lose a few games and the coaches suck, we beat Kansas and then we lose to OU, what’s new. Everyone just goes to tailgate anyhow and they started selling beer at the stadium, what is everyone bitching about, it’s just the way it is.

Aug 16, 2008
Oklahoma City
It’s like our coaches game-planned on assuming that our o-line would eventuallly control the game. And they made absolutely no other preparations in the game plan if that assumption was inaccurate.

Plan B did not exist. Im afraid that is the answer. Which is almost as scary as the other possibility: our coaches were not aware that we were getting whipped. Since that moronic thought surely is not reality, I have to assume we simply did not have the plays prepared to counter-act the butt-whipping we were getting on the line of scrimmage.

Just unimaginable. REally.

Aug 16, 2012
It’s like our coaches game-planned on assuming that our o-line would eventuallly control the game. And they made absolutely no other preparations in the game plan if that assumption was inaccurate.
The ridiculous fake FG can be lumped into their not recognizing/ignoring this fact as well either since a CB slashing behind the line to receive a shovel pass is pretty much dependent on the line not getting their asses knocked backwards as well.

Oct 30, 2007
I'm listening to the Monday Big 12 conference call right now. Someone asked Coach Gundy about cutting his hair, and Coach Gundy called him a jack***. :lol: Don't mess with Coach Gundy when he's upset.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
"coach Gundy was pretty clear over the headset that we could still run the ball"

That was Gleason to the Oklahoman after the game. Can't blame him for this.
He really said that? Sounds like he’s not so subtly blaming his boss for some crappy play calling. That’ll get him a one way ticket back to the Ivy League if he’s not careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
He really said that? Sounds like he’s not so subtly blaming his boss for some crappy play calling. That’ll get him a one way ticket back to the Ivy League if he’s not careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, if he didn't know how much under Gundy's thumb and set of constraints he would be when he arrived, then maybe he's fine with it.

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
"coach Gundy was pretty clear over the headset that we could still run the ball"

That was Gleason to the Oklahoman after the game. Can't blame him for this.
Pretty sure I saw Gundy say into the headset the first or second drive, "Give it to Chuba again." I figured it would be one of those games (seasons?) as soon as I saw that.

CaymanS

Greenhorn
Oct 20, 2018
OKC
So should we just change the title of the OC, to "Offensive Subordinator", seeing as how the b.s. about a "two qb system" RA was spouting off about as well as some of the other supposedly novel schemes he ran at Princeton aren't being used and this is just Yurcich 2.0 with a more mobile qb?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
So should we just change the title of the OC, to "Offensive Subordinator", seeing as how the b.s. about a "two qb system" RA was spouting off about as well as some of the other supposedly novel schemes he ran at Princeton aren't being used and this is just Yurcich 2.0 with a more mobile qb?
aka "Daxx Garman offense"

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I saw Gundy’s presser and thought he came off like an arrogant jerk. To be fair, I’m still mad at him for the disasterous play calling but he just oozes arrogance and would choke before he owns up to his role in the loss.