Come on in here and eat some crow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
LOL, the sports message board cliche "go support another team" is always great. I wonder if anyone has ever taken someone's advice and actually has done it.
I knew/figured this was gonna happen as soon as this thread was created. A little bit overboard on bashing people from the Boise State game (except that one guy, he was kinda ridiculous). Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
The defense gets a F, Knowles version of a Chinese fire drill I assume. Bundage playing, he could hardly walk? OL couldn't block or center the ball. Any yardage picked up by running was shear determination of the runner. TC reverted to throwing too long or to short, din't get rid of it quick enough, Yurcich reverts to Legos again. Just a pathetic effort by all, especially including the coaching staff. Penalties, just incredible like watching a Spring game, except we don't ever really have one.

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
The defense gets a F, Knowles version of a Chinese fire drill I assume. Bundage playing, he could hardly walk? OL couldn't block or center the ball. Any yardage picked up by running was shear determination of the runner. TC reverted to throwing too long or to short, din't get rid of it quick enough, Yurcich reverts to Legos again. Just a pathetic effort by all, especially including the coaching staff.
If the defense gets an F then the offense gets an F-. The defense was on the field the whole game and Tech still barely scored 40 points. If the offense was actually functioning we would've been on the field a lot longer and it would've been 30s or even 20s which would've made it a perfectly winnable game.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
If the defense gets an F then the offense gets an F-. The defense was on the field the whole game and Tech still barely scored 40 points. If the offense was actually functioning we would've been on the field a lot longer and it would've been 30s or even 20s which would've made it a perfectly winnable game.
This. AJ Greene is pissed right now. His pick could have turned the tide, but instead we screw it up and give them the ball back. Defense didn't stand a chance the way the offense hung them out to dry.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I actually vouched for you last week when you stepped in this thread. You come back and try to be smug about this?

Please stop supporting my alma mater. We don't need "fans" like you. Go buy a Wal Mart tshirt and annoy people on landthieves
Im not being smug about. Just stating a fact. Corndog is not the answer. Has alot of heart but little talent. Defense is not what we thought. Been a fan of OSU for my entire life and dont plan on stopping now.

Oct 29, 2016
US
I knew/figured this was gonna happen as soon as this thread was created. A little bit overboard on bashing people from the Boise State game (except that one guy, he was kinda ridiculous). Now the shoe is on the other foot.
That "one guy" you're talking about, is probably me. I said it in Boise State prediction thread and I'll say it again: as long as TC is the QB, it would be difficult to become bowl eligible.

You may think my posts are ridiculous, that's your right to do so. It is also my right to say Tech taking us to the wood shed reaffirm my belief poor QB recruiting will/is the reason OSU football will have a rough next 3-4-ish years. There is not one single reason for me to think otherwise.

Our only hope is Sanders. It's clear he is not ready (IMO, due to not being listed on QB depth chart) and won't play until season after next.

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
That "one guy" you're talking about, is probably me. I said it in Boise State prediction thread and I'll say it again: as long as TC is the QB, it would be difficult to become bowl eligible.

You may think my posts are ridiculous, that's your right to do so. It is also my right to say Tech taking us to the wood shed reaffirm my belief poor QB recruiting will/is the reason OSU football will have a rough next 3-4-ish years. There is not one single reason for me to think otherwise.

Our only hope is Sanders. It's clear he is not ready, and won't play until season after next.
Just that one post, but it's forgivable...at least in my book. Don't know about the sunshine pumpers. I don't disagree with what you've posted today.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It's like a bunch of strangers are posting right now lol. The regular crowd is just gone
What is there to say? Worst loss in years, considering the point spread and an unranked opponent. Corndog looked bad, the O-line looked worse. Back to special teams problems, the D looked lost.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You may think my posts are ridiculous, that's your right to do so. .
You're prediction of the Boise State spread was off by 54 points. It's not a matter of opinion, that was ridiculous. Tonight's game exposed some big flaws which Corndog is not the biggest issue. You may turn out to be right on your 6 win prediction but that still remains to be seen.

You've already thrown in the towel on several years. That's ridiculous considering our history.

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
I love how @Birry was trying to warn them that this thread wasn't a wise idea, and they ridiculed him for being a white knight or something. Well, it looks like he was just trying to save them from what's happening right now. Funny as hell.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'll eat some crow for actually believing we could have a special season with a QB that can't consistently make throws downfield. I should've known better.
I can't believe they kept throwing and throwing downfield. I saw inside receivers open constantly as he was trying to fling it.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I can't believe they kept throwing and throwing downfield. I saw inside receivers open constantly as he was trying to fling it.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
It’s because we got a egotistical and thought we were good enough to do whatever we want against techs defense.

We had one design run with corndog that worked and decided that was boring let’s just chuck it deep down field 10 yards out of bounds. The reason we beat Boise state is because we played to corn dogs strengths but we choose this game to get cocky and be something that we are not.

It’s sad Gundy and yurchich are that dumb to think they could turn corndog into Rudolph. He is always corndog and has his own set of strengths and forcing him to be something else is not going to work.

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
So I watched the game on Sunday morning in Korea. On my phone. It was lousy. I tried muting it, I tried going to the radio feed and ignoring the video altogether, but it only hurt worse to hear the disappointment in Dave's voice. At the end of the game, I got a text from some guys in the platoon saying they were going to go play football.

So I had a choice. I could come to the forum and get into a Mobius strip of arguments about how bad the game was, or I could go get some exercise and enjoy the sunshine. I chose the latter. And I'm glad I did. I'm a little physically sore from the experience, but it's a good kind of sore.

So, if you really expected me (because I know I'm counted among the so-called "sunshine pumpers") to ruin my day further by getting into it in a thread like this with a bunch of folks who are more excited to be "right" than anything else, you've got another thing coming. This is exactly what I mean whenever I say that people make downer predictions mostly hoping that they can thump their chest and show everyone how much they knew.

You know something? The point of this thread was the people predicting we'd get rolled by Boise State. And that prediction was unequivocally wrong. I never for the life of me would have predicted that Texas Tech was the one that would come in and give us so much grief.

But don't act like some sort of genius because you're here now with a smug look reflecting in your computer screen. It just lends credence to the idea that you care more about being right than you do about OSU doing well.