Country Music Documetary

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You want a country history lesson, watch the first season of Tales From the Tour Bus.
Love that show!

As for the Ken Burns doc series, I"ve only seen episodes 1,7 & 8 so far.

I've enjoyed it, but frankly do not understand the amount of time spent on Rosanne Cash in 2 separate episodes (7 & 8). I get it, she's Johnny Cash's daughter, but comparitively speaking, they spend ALOT of time talking about her & less time talking about others who were much bigger stars.

Still a great watch, but that just struck me as odd.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Love that show!

As for the Ken Burns doc series, I"ve only seen episodes 1,7 & 8 so far.

I've enjoyed it, but frankly do not understand the amount of time spent on Rosanne Cash in 2 separate episodes (7 & 8). I get it, she's Johnny Cash's daughter, but comparitively speaking, they spend ALOT of time talking about her & less time talking about others who were much bigger stars.

Still a great watch, but that just struck me as odd.
You didn't see enough of the documentary to understand. He wasn't talking about only the biggest stars, he had a theme.

AP Carter and his ex-wife, Mama Maybelle Carter and her daughters, June Carter and Johnny Cash, Johnny Cash and Roseanne, it's a family thing. remember what hand Jr said, "Country Music singers have always been a real big family." Maybelle probably got the most time of anyone.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You didn't see enough of the documentary to understand. He wasn't talking about only the biggest stars, he had a theme.

AP Carter and his ex-wife, Mama Maybelle Carter and her daughters, June Carter and Johnny Cash, Johnny Cash and Roseanne, it's a family thing. remember what hand Jr said, "Country Music singers have always been a real big family." Maybelle probably got the most time of anyone.
Ah, gotcha, I'm sure you're right. Looking forward to watching the rest of them!

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Ah, gotcha, I'm sure you're right. Looking forward to watching the rest of them!
I would recommend binge watching in order. Episode 6 will explain 7 and 8 more precisely. I'm a music junky, not just country, and this was right up my alley, and they didn't even mention some of my favorites.

Aug 16, 2012
Have not seen it, but we call my mother each Sunday. Last Sunday she answered, said she was watching it,

Then asked if we could call back next week.