Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
article in the Stillwater news press today saying the local hospital is preparing for the most cases at the end of April. In three weeks? We’ve had the shelter in place now for a week or two. It’s getting need to believe anybody knows what they are taking about.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
What city will be the first to arrest somebody for mowing their lawn?
I read there were 4 prosecutions in Minnesota. The first was a bar 20 miles from where I live-there was an after hours poker game at the establishment. Dumbasses were parked out front when the local cop drove by.

Edit. I should mention that your comment is an overreaction. If you see people prosecuted it's because they are ignoring what their state is telling them to do. I've seen a lot of confusion over what is considered essential and generally business owners can contact the city or county for guidance. For individuals it's the same. Going on errands during daytime hours isn't an issue. Being out at midnight-you run a risk of being pulled over. It's basically a defacto curfew (which sort of supports your statement). But if you're doing what you are supposed to right now you shouldn't be worried about a citation.

Edit 2. I think I read here that in Italy violating rules if you have it and give it to someone else is essentially considered manslaughter. We aren't there yet so you can complain about what's going on but the punishment could be more severe.

Last edited:

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Not sure what city but I can narrow it down to two states, California or Florida.
I've seen others ask this kind of thing and a lot of memes on Facebook (I know they're just memes) about not being able to go outside, but I haven't heard of anyplace preventing or discouraging people from going outside in their own yards. It's about staying away from other people. Unless you are inviting 4 or 5 elderly neighbors over to ride your lawnmower with you, it shouldn't be an issue.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You are right, if it seems it was unnecessary that will mean we won. IF it appears that we didn't need the measures, we likely won't be able to prove we didn't need the measusres...no way to win, except to do the measures and hope it appears that we didn't need them... Irony.
So, you want to win somehow? You think this is about winning? You don't want to do the measures and then hope it appears that they worked? Why?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What city will be the first to arrest somebody for mowing their lawn?
I read there were 4 prosecutions in Minnesota. The first was a bar 20 miles from where I live-there was an after hours poker game at the establishment. Dumbasses were parked out front when the local cop drove by.

Edit. I should mention that your comment is an overreaction. If you see people prosecuted it's because they are ignoring what their state is telling them to do. I've seen a lot of confusion over what is considered essential and generally business owners can contact the city or county for guidance. For individuals it's the same. Going on errands during daytime hours isn't an issue. Being out at midnight-you run a risk of being pulled over. It's basically a defacto curfew (which sort of supports your statement). But if you're doing what you are supposed to right now you shouldn't be worried about a citation.

Edit 2. I think I read here that in Italy violating rules if you have it and give it to someone else is essentially considered manslaughter. We aren't there yet so you can complain about what's going on but the punishment could be more severe.
I don't think you understood his question.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So, you want to win somehow? You think this is about winning? You don't want to do the measures and then hope it appears that they worked? Why?
It's about winning against the virus...AND winning as an American in the economy. The measures to many seem draconian and are in question, I know they don't to some like yourself. Thus the conflict and the irony is that no one will "win" that argument. That's what my post said. I'm sorry that wasn't clear to you, and that you don't seem to understand the conflict of personal freedoms vs possible draconian government forced compliance. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Hill Crest Medical will furlough 600 employees due to significant decline in routine and elective procedures

Hillcrest is realigning services and making staffing changes including reassignment of staff, reduction of hours, furlough and pay reduction for exempt employees.

The temporary furlough of approximately 600 employees (or 9 percent of total) is expected to last up to 90 days.

https://www.krmg.com/news/local/hillcrest-furloughs-600-employees/Z7C6t040toKM8Ur6CVmbmL/

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
It's about winning against the virus...AND winning as an American in the economy. The measures to many seem draconian and are in question, I know they don't to some like yourself. Thus the conflict and the irony is that no one will "win" that argument. That's what my post said. I'm sorry that wasn't clear to you, and that you don't seem to understand the conflict of personal freedoms vs possible draconian government forced compliance. Have a nice day.
It wasn't clear to me because that wasn't what your post said.

Don't tell me I don't understand the conflict between personal freedom or how this is likely to change our economy. My daughter is currently out of a job and I have no idea if my institution is going to survive this. I've rarely been out of the house in the past week and guess what, I have symptoms of a cold now, so I can't freaking leave the house no matter what and I'm checking my temp several times a day. I understand pretty doggone well how draconian this has been because I was given basically four days to prepare to teach everything online. I spent a weekend learning how to do so. The difference between us is that I think the measures are necessary, whereas you're unwilling to admit that. You keep hoping that somehow it's all proven wrong. And the death toll keeps climbing. As I've said, oh like 50 bazillion times, it isn't the death toll from COVID-19 that is the problem, it is the resources that treating it takes up and all the other diseases that still need to be treated. If Grandma has a stroke and needs an ICU bed and they are full of COVID-19 patients then Grandma is SOL.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Hill Crest Medical will furlough 600 employees due to significant decline in routine and elective procedures

Hillcrest is realigning services and making staffing changes including reassignment of staff, reduction of hours, furlough and pay reduction for exempt employees.

The temporary furlough of approximately 600 employees (or 9 percent of total) is expected to last up to 90 days.

https://www.krmg.com/news/local/hillcrest-furloughs-600-employees/Z7C6t040toKM8Ur6CVmbmL/
I'd think that it will bounce back pretty quickly for most of those people once everything gets rolling again.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Per the NYC Chair of the Council of Health

NYC morgues are overrun with bodies. City has approved contingency plan to start temporarily begin burying burying coffins in selected NYC public Parks.

The avg hospital morgue in NYC holds 15 bodies. Several hospitals now have 2-3 refrigerated trucks parked on site to hold bodies. Each truck holds 100 bodies and 80 of them are currently in use by NYC hospitals.

Cemeteries and Funeral Homes can not keep up with demand at this time in NYC

Prior to the pandemic the avg number of deaths in a home was 20-25 per day. Currently 200-215 people are dying in their homes each day. At the first they swabbed these home deaths for COVID-19 but now due to shortage of tests they are not swabbing home deaths and they are not known if COVID-19 was involved and not counted toward official numbers

Mark D. Levine

@MarkLevineNYC

Soon we'll start “temporary interment”. This likely will be done by using a NYC park for burials (yes you read that right). Trenches will be dug for 10 caskets in a line. It will be done in a dignified, orderly--and temporary--manner. But it will be tough for NYers to take