Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
One question.

How often do you go to a drive thru window just to find your order is wrong?

I rest my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't eat much fast food any more. Maybe a chicken biscuit from Chick Fil A every once in a while. To my knowledge they've never screwed it up.

Getting the order wrong usually has absolutely nothing to do with the intelligence of the person, but the attention they pay to detail. Those are two different things.

Many of us here in this forum have worked in fast food places at one time in our lives, myself included. You're insulting all of us.

And you still think you're in the upper half. I rest my case.
You need to get out in the real world more and experience the rampant incompetence in ALL facets of society. Either that or I salted an open wound.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You need to get out in the real world more and experience the rampant incompetence in ALL facets of society. Either that or I salted an open wound.

Once again, "incompetence" doesn't usually mean "unintelligent". It usually means sloppy and poorly trained. Except in your case.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Once again, "incompetence" doesn't usually mean "unintelligent". It usually means sloppy and poorly trained. Except in your case.
And I actually thought you were half-way intelligent. Clearly I’m not smart enough to see the fallacy of my previous opinion.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I don't eat much fast food any more. Maybe a chicken biscuit from Chick Fil A every once in a while. To my knowledge they've never screwed it up.

Getting the order wrong usually has absolutely nothing to do with the intelligence of the person, but the attention they pay to detail. Those are two different things.

Many of us here in this forum have worked in fast food places at one time in our lives, myself included. You're insulting all of us.

And you still think you're in the upper half. I rest my case.
Rx...To become successful people need to start off at the bottom with a tough job.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Rx...To become successful people need to start off at the bottom with a tough job.
I worked one summer during college fixing sewage and septic. I have literally stood waist deep in human excrement. It only goes up from there. The summer after my freshman year I worked sand blasting rail cars before painting. I weighed myself one night before and after work. I was losing 17 lbs a night in water.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I worked one summer during college fixing sewage and septic. I have literally stood waist deep in human excrement. It only goes up from there. The summer after my freshman year I worked sand blasting rail cars before painting. I weighed myself one night before and after work. I was losing 17 lbs a night in water.
Yup. First year of college found me at a local landfill picking up ALL.OF.THE.LOOSE.TRASH that blew from the pile and bagging it to attempt to bury it... again.

I guarantee there were days I walked over 10 miles in an eight hour shift. Today, they probably do the same job off a fancy UTV.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Rx... your "experience" was the beginning of a successful career.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
And combined with your fast food job, it has nothing to do with my view of the competence of a large portion of the population.

To wit, I have been a janitor, a boot salesman, a jackhammer laborer, a pothole repairer, a pizza delivery guy, a truss builder, a parks dept employee, a Job Corp counselor, a convenience store clerk, and an apartment maintenance guy. All of which I took pride in doing the best job I was capable of. Just because someone holds a low-level job, it doesn’t excuse them from attempting to be competent. And I refuse to excuse and/or accept laziness, lack of interest, poor attitude and general indifference to a person’s co-workers and customers.

Regarding my comments about drive thru service, and your offense to those comments, I was merely pointing out the astonishing lack of consistent good service given the relative ease of simply doing a good job. I assume you took your fast food job seriously and never gave your customers reason to think you were incompetent.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I admit it. I never locked down in the first place. I’ve been speeding all over gods creation eating at every restaurant that would serve me. And it’s been AWESOME! Everyone should stay home another month. Heck, I broke the 2 hour barrier from Dallas to Okc.
Did this drive yesterday at same time. Took almost 3 hours. Roads are packed.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
A nice, clean classroom never looked so good after that summer with the utilities contractor.
And combined with your fast food job, it has nothing to do with my view of the competence of a large portion of the population.

To wit, I have been a janitor, a boot salesman, a jackhammer laborer, a pothole repairer, a pizza delivery guy, a truss builder, a parks dept employee, a Job Corp counselor, a convenience store clerk, and an apartment maintenance guy. All of which I took pride in doing the best job I was capable of. Just because someone holds a low-level job, it doesn’t excuse them from attempting to be competent. And I refuse to excuse and/or accept laziness, lack of interest, poor attitude and general indifference to a person’s co-workers and customers.

Regarding my comments about drive thru service, and your offense to those comments, I was merely pointing out the astonishing lack of consistent good service given the relative ease of simply doing a good job. I assume you took your fast food job seriously and never gave your customers reason to think you were incompetent.

Got you both beat. In working as veterinarian tech, one of my duties was to hold animals for euthanasia because their families were too torn up by the thought. Nothing worse than having an animal put down while your the last one to see in their eyes as they beg you not to do it. Cried so many times that I decided not to become a vet.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I'm all for Republicans volunteering as Guinea Pigs to prove that the the virus has gone away just like Trump said it would. They will be packed together as close as workers in a meat processing center. If no Republicans are hospitalized and dies, Trump wins. If Republicans die, he loses.

Trump demands Republican convention ‘with no masks or social distancing’ despite coronavirus pandemic
US president does not want to see signs of virus measures in his renomination audience, governor’s office says

Donald Trump is demanding a packed Republican national convention with “no face coverings and no social distancing”, North Carolina’s governor’s office has said. The US president spoke with Democrat governor Roy Cooper by phone, the office revealed, where they discussed the scheduled August convention in Charlotte.

Mr Trump insisted on the lack of Covid-19 measures because he does not want to see signs of the pandemic in his renomination audience, a spokesperson for Mr Cooper said.

The president this week threatened to move his formal renomination elsewhere if he does not get guarantees by next week of being able to hold a large-scale event.

The convention, set to begin on 24 August, is supposed to have events in Charlotte’s downtown sports arena, capped by Mr Trump’s nomination speech three days later.
More at: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oy-cooper-a9540051.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I'm all for Republicans volunteering as Guinea Pigs to prove that the the virus has gone away just like Trump said it would. They will be packed together as close as workers in a meat processing center. If no Republicans are hospitalized and dies, Trump wins. If Republicans die, he loses.

Trump demands Republican convention ‘with no masks or social distancing’ despite coronavirus pandemic
US president does not want to see signs of virus measures in his renomination audience, governor’s office says

Donald Trump is demanding a packed Republican national convention with “no face coverings and no social distancing”, North Carolina’s governor’s office has said. The US president spoke with Democrat governor Roy Cooper by phone, the office revealed, where they discussed the scheduled August convention in Charlotte.

Mr Trump insisted on the lack of Covid-19 measures because he does not want to see signs of the pandemic in his renomination audience, a spokesperson for Mr Cooper said.

The president this week threatened to move his formal renomination elsewhere if he does not get guarantees by next week of being able to hold a large-scale event.

The convention, set to begin on 24 August, is supposed to have events in Charlotte’s downtown sports arena, capped by Mr Trump’s nomination speech three days later.
More at: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oy-cooper-a9540051.html?utm_source=reddit.com
What an idiot