Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Don't like that countries are using it for prevention are you. Must be a sad life you live

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Guess my sarcasm didn't translate well - even to me after re-reading my own post.

If I test positive any time in the near future I'm getting on hydroxychloroquin (sp) immediately. Given the absence of any "proven" treatment, to me there has been enough anecdotal evidence to take the chance. And I'm certainly not saying it's THE answer, but I'd try it.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Don't like that countries are using it for prevention are you. Must be a sad life you live

Guess my sarcasm didn't translate well - even to me after re-reading my own post.

If I test positive any time in the near future I'm getting on hydroxychloroquin (sp) immediately. Given the absence of any "proven" treatment, to me there has been enough anecdotal evidence to take the chance. And I'm certainly not saying it's THE answer, but I'd try it.
Yea i didn't catch it and I agree why wouldn't you want to try everything you could if you were dying.

Nov 6, 2010
Sat on a nail at a softball game on the res down by Lawton. Treated and released from the IHS hospital, without antibiotics. Only a tetanus booster. I even remember his name. I remember his height and weight and creatinine clearance. It's one of those cases that burns into your memory. If I close my eyes I can still smell it. It was horrific, even at the nurse's station. God bless the nurses going into his room and changing the wraps.
The dude needs to buy a lottery ticket, cause he is due.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Sat on a nail at a softball game on the res down by Lawton. Treated and released from the IHS hospital, without antibiotics. Only a tetanus booster. I even remember his name. I remember his height and weight and creatinine clearance. It's one of those cases that burns into your memory. If I close my eyes I can still smell it. It was horrific, even at the nurse's station. God bless the nurses going into his room and changing the wraps.
I had an inmate at a facility I worked at stick a pencil in his junk. Don't ask me why, but he did. Of course, he developed a bad infection and had to go to the hospital. When he was released from the hospital and returned to the prison, I greeted him with, "What's up pencil d!ck?". Sometimes life throws a beach ball underhanded to you and you must hit it out of the park. I couldn't resist.:lol:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I had an inmate at a facility I worked at stick a pencil in his junk. Don't ask me why, but he did. Of course, he developed a bad infection and had to go to the hospital. When he was released from the hospital and returned to the prison, I greeted him with, "What's up pencil d!ck?". Sometimes life throws a beach ball underhanded to you and you must hit it out of the park. I couldn't resist.:lol:
Holyhell!?!??!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK

Has to be taken with some form of Zinc to be effective in the anecdotal testing. By itself doesn't seem to do much. (I'm pulling from memory on the zinc but know it has shown good results when paired with a second drug.)

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
US has sent 2 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to Brazil
https://twitter.com/tulsaworld/status/1267461170337849346
From @RxCowboy epidemiologist friend:

3. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are back in the news with some providers suggesting they may be effective in some cases and shouldn't be ruled out as a possible treatment in those cases. So people are looking at that option. Keep in mind we need various levels and options of treatment. People with mild symptoms don't need the same level of treatment as severe cases and not all treatments will work for or be appropriate for all patients (consider underlying health conditions, other medications the treatment may interact with, biological differences etc.). Research is ongoing for the variety of needs and while some are ruled out quickly, others are showing promise.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Building management notified all tenant's that someone in the building has tested positive for Covid. Told the staff they are free to work from home if they want.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From @RxCowboy epidemiologist friend:

3. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are back in the news with some providers suggesting they may be effective in some cases and shouldn't be ruled out as a possible treatment in those cases. So people are looking at that option. Keep in mind we need various levels and options of treatment. People with mild symptoms don't need the same level of treatment as severe cases and not all treatments will work for or be appropriate for all patients (consider underlying health conditions, other medications the treatment may interact with, biological differences etc.). Research is ongoing for the variety of needs and while some are ruled out quickly, others are showing promise.
Not sure what she's talking about, but if she says that it means she's read the research.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Swedish Govt says they are ready to act now to place restrictions to stop coronavirus in the country after the Govt has acknowledged more lives could be saved if they did more

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1268173108726370310

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
3000+ new cases in Iran yesterday pushing their numbers back up to Pre Mid March levels and their highest levels in over 2 months. Country says they are experiencing a second wave of coronavirus

https://twitter.com/business/status/1268179377709289473

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
China was supposed to ease restrictions and allow US flights to China starting June 1st but that has not happened

So Trump is going to have the DOT shut down ALL flights from China to the US starting June 16th if China doesn't open back up to US carriers

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1268184377667829761