Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Wait until the extra $600 a week stops. Unemployment rates will plummet because people will actually have to go back to work to make ends meet.
I don't understand why on earth we were giving people multitudes more than they were making working just because covid… A coworker of mine (we're both engineers) told me how she felt bad for people in her apartment complex that had been laid off since she still had her job UNTIL she found out that they were making more money with the extra $600 than she was making with her salary working! I completely get assistance up to what your were making, but it's ridiculous that it was allowed to EXCEED what you were making.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I don't understand why on earth we were giving people multitudes more than they were making working just because covid… A coworker of mine (we're both engineers) told me how she felt bad for people in her apartment complex that had been laid off since she still had her job UNTIL she found out that they were making more money with the extra $600 than she was making with her salary working! I completely get assistance up to what your were making, but it's ridiculous that it was allowed to EXCEED what you were making.
1) the dems/republicans both support welfare thats why we have things like this happening. Anybody who disagrees is lying.

2) you and your coworker might want to find a new job if you are making anywhere close to what unemployment is.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
1) the dems/republicans both support welfare thats why we have things like this happening. Anybody who disagrees is lying.

2) you and your coworker might want to find a new job if you are making anywhere close to what unemployment is.
They were getting roughly $1000/wk in pocket... It's unemployment + $600 per week. That's a helluva paycheck... That's just under what I make after taxes and withholdings for 401k/stock plan/insurance and I'm only a few thousand shy of a 6 figure salary...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Yeah, I don't think we are going to have a choice but to keep everything open.
I bet a lot of positive people who feel good can't be bothered to wear a mask, so better wear a mask to protect yourself. Hopefully, those who feel bad will stay at home. Businesses can't stay open if too many workers get sick from refusing to take precautions, like wearing a mask.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
#2 in the world in cases, heading into winter and cold/flu season in the Southern hemisphere:
1593807801585.png

#1 in the world in new deaths:
1593807852722.png

Still outside the top 10 in deaths per M pop, but give them time, they'll get there:
1593807946118.png

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
And your point being? My statement on Brazil has always been we can watch it and see how bad doing nothing is. Was wanting your input not your damn snark.
From your earlier message:
"RxCowboy looks like Brazil is getting over the hump on the curve. We are starting to see what doing absolutely nothing looks like."

Those are two declarative statements. Where was the question I was supposed to respond to?

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
From your earlier message:
"RxCowboy looks like Brazil is getting over the hump on the curve. We are starting to see what doing absolutely nothing looks like."

Those are two declarative statements. Where was the question I was supposed to respond to?
Wasn't thinking we had talked about it before should have thrown the question in. It's all good.