Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
When they once told us it was not.

Trump Admin officially informed Congress today of a formal withdraw from the WHO

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1280582208949010434
See today's post in the non-political thread. This is actually not news at all. This is the WHO admitting something we've known for a while.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Yes, it's selfish to wear a mask, because you want to reduce the chance of being put under a coma in ICU at the hospital, due to the virus. To not wear a mask isn't about freedom and liberty, it's about being stupid and stubborn. If you can cover your private parts without it going against your freedom and liberty before walking in a store, then you can cover your face.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yes, it's selfish to wear a mask, because you want to reduce the chance of being put under a coma in ICU at the hospital, due to the virus. To not wear a mask isn't about freedom and liberty, it's about being stupid and stubborn. If you can cover your private parts without it going against your freedom and liberty before walking in a store, then you can cover your face.

I took my wife to a local sporting goods company yesterday to shop for a gun. She is wanting a .380 auto. We wore our masks. I counted 52 people in the store. We were the only customers wearing a mask

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I took my wife to a local sporting goods company yesterday to shop for a gun. She is wanting a .380 auto. We wore our masks. I counted 52 people in the store. We were the only customers wearing a mask
Stillwater went to zero cases a while back and the number of people wearing masks then wasn’t any different than it is today. That should raise some eyebrows that retail stores is not the source of spread. But it’s the most visible so that is where everyone is getting all of their outrage. I just wish our city council would stop looking at the shining stars and figure out where the real source of spread is located.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. I do my duty and mask up for the sake of my loved ones, but a part of me thinks weaponization on both monetary and political fronts is afoot. I could be wrong, but I don't believe other countries that have been affected by COVID have done this. I have a friend that lives in Italy that was going on and on about how bad things were over there and now, hardly a peep.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. I do my duty and mask up for the sake of my loved ones, but a part of me thinks weaponization on both monetary and political fronts is afoot. I could be wrong, but I don't believe other countries that have been affected by COVID have done this. I have a friend that lives in Italy that was going on and on about how bad things were over there and now, hardly a peep.
Well seeing the story today that the Navy is requiring all sailors to mask up on ships deployed right now in the Pacific...I assume they must know something about mask that makes them important. If it is important for our men and women serving in the military to do by masking up. Then I think I will follow that guideline

I would hate to be the person who is asymptomatic and ventured out in public and infected a police officer, or a member of or military, or someone who is high risk because I didn't take a precaution that I have been told is necessary and works

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Report that colleges could lose up to $43 BILLION in tuition rates if the Govt doesn't allow International students to stay in the US and take courses online if campus can't reopen
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1280863766771650561