Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Most studies suggest homes have the highest transmission probability, though I would question how practical and effective this is. Do you eat at separate times? Serious question, if you live with a romantic partner, do you avoid sex or wear a mask during sex?
I will guess about 98%+ of Texans will ignore this suggestion from their state Health leaders, regardless how effective it may be

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
7/9/20

603 new cases
3 new deaths (0 occurred within the past 24-hours) 1 - 50-64, 2 - 65+
562 newly recovered
453 currently hospitalized
185 ICU beds available (19%)
4.571% positive test rate
7/10/20

596 new cases
6 new deaths (0 occurred within the past 24-hours) 6 - 65+
548 newly recovered
487 currently hospitalized
228 ICU beds available (22%)
4.609% positive test rate

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
For some not even a bad flu or any flu at all. I’ve had it described to me as feeling like allergies kicking up.
Back in December I had a cough that I couldn't kick for about 3 weeks and then my dad got it after. I don't know if that possibly was or wasn't it (no one seems to agree on when this thing actually came over) and I haven't gotten tested for antibodies because I don't really care. I'm working from home, only seeing family members and wearing a mask anytime I go out and I'll likely continue all of that until this has finally kicked over. My wife is a teacher and my daughter starts Kindergarten this year though so August is going to be interesting for sure.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
The scariest part of that is the simultaneous hospitalizations and overrunning capacity even more. We have to hope that there's a vaccine by January when flu hospitalizations typically ramp up dramatically and we have to hope far more people get their flu shots.
... and that the dang things work this year... My entire family caught the flu this last season (my daughter twice) and we all got flu shots.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
... and that the dang things work this year... My entire family caught the flu this last season (my daughter twice) and we all got flu shots.
True, but the flu shot also works well to reduce severity and prevent hospitalizations even when it doesn't prevent contraction of the virus. So, even if it isn't better than past years, almost everyone should get it this fall.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Back in December I had a cough that I couldn't kick for about 3 weeks and then my dad got it after. I don't know if that possibly was or wasn't it (no one seems to agree on when this thing actually came over) and I haven't gotten tested for antibodies because I don't really care. I'm working from home, only seeing family members and wearing a mask anytime I go out and I'll likely continue all of that until this has finally kicked over. My wife is a teacher and my daughter starts Kindergarten this year though so August is going to be interesting for sure.
I had a bunch of friends that never get sick go down in February with fever and respiratory stuff and looking back they are convinced it was Covid. Another friend I have had already had Flu A around Christmas and went down in Feb also and although she tested negative her doc figured it was a false negative and assumed she had Flu B. She now thinks she had it then too.