Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You and I must be living in two different worlds. It seems we look at the same things and see something completely different each time. This is just another example.

I laughed at your comment, but realized I had only seen a portion of this interview and you had posted the entirety of it. So, I watched all of it during a break. It was even worse than the clip I watched previously.

I honestly cannot see how you can come to these conclusions. The interviewer was not hostile. He just didn’t let Trump run over him and hijack the narrative. He was actually very calm and polite despite Trump interrupting him several times. He did interrupt Trump often, but he did it fairly respectfully and many times it was to ask Trump to let him finish his statement (because Trump interrupted the interviewer).

Second, I cannot fathom how anyone can say Trump did a good job here. It’s laughable. Literally. Even the interviewer couldn’t keep a straight face. How can you say Trump impressed you? This is way beneath the standards of previous presidents (Republican or Democrat).

I’m starting to think you’re either baiting people (and I’m dumb enough to take it) or you don’t believe what you’re saying and are simply making strawmen for me to knock down.
As a courtesy I’m going to let you know that I will be putting you on ignore so that you don’t waste time responding to me. I don’t appreciate being accused of baiting people when clearly my history here shows that not to be the case. I see that as a personal attack.
Snowflake

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
As a courtesy I’m going to let you know that I will be putting you on ignore so that you don’t waste time responding to me. I don’t appreciate being accused of baiting people when clearly my history here shows that not to be the case. I see that as a personal attack.
Wow! Thin skin my friend. Guess someone else will have to tell you since I’m on ignore now. I was actually trying to be respectful in my response. I was being sincere. Guess I hit a nerve. It was purely unintentional.

Jun 15, 2020
Tulsa
WATCH: @senatemajldr
Pelosi is calling for "new special interest carve-outs for [marijuana] ... She said that with respect to this virus, marijuana is, 'A therapy that is proven successful.' You can't make this up. I hope she shared her breakthrough with Dr. Fauci."

SMOKE THAT LIBTARDS..

Nov 6, 2010
Wow! Thin skin my friend. Guess someone else will have to tell you since I’m on ignore now. I was actually trying to be respectful in my response. I was being sincere. Guess I hit a nerve. It was purely unintentional.
I'm thinking lets give him the benefit of the doubt on this one and maybe ha had a few too many or a bad day or something, because even though I disagree with him a lot, he seems to be a decent debater, and putting you on ignore seems way out of character for him.

Nov 6, 2010
I should have said that today I had a hard cider at lunch, then followed up with a good coffee. It'll be a mule with dinner, haha! The perks of working from home.
Man, it is a detriment for me. I am starting way too early, and have been for a while. I need the office, or some help I think, or maybe I'm just out of rum.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I'm thinking lets give him the benefit of the doubt on this one and maybe ha had a few too many or a bad day or something, because even though I disagree with him a lot, he seems to be a decent debater, and putting you on ignore seems way out of character for him.
That’s fair. I could also see how he may have thought I was targeting him as we had just gone back and forth on another topic. That was not my intention, but I understand how it may have seemed that way. Of all the things said on this board, I was certainly surprised that’s what got me ignored. But life goes on.

poknround

Banned
Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Wabashaw, WI
From March to June, I was mostly working remotely and only went in to the office for very specific and important meetings. Starting early July it was about half and half. But because I didnt work in patient care areas I was not required to wear a mask. Two weeks ago, new policy implemented that requires wearing of masks in all areas at all times. This week, highest number of sick calls weve had since mid February. Coincidence?

Que RXCowboy in 5....4....3....2

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I agree. There are only a few I have on ignore here, like Older, so I have a high tolerance. Of course it helps that my ignorance shows enough that it keeps me humble even when I vehemently disagree with one of "them". Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
From March to June, I was mostly working remotely and only went in to the office for very specific and important meetings. Starting early July it was about half and half. But because I didnt work in patient care areas I was not required to wear a mask. Two weeks ago, new policy implemented that requires wearing of masks in all areas at all times. This week, highest number of sick calls weve had since mid February. Coincidence?

Barbequeing @RxCowboy seems harsh.

If I were channelling him, I might mention something about anecdotes, confounding variables and imprecise outcomes.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

You think the masks caused the sick calls? Tell me exactly how people auto-inoculated themselves because, and this should be obvious, if they are contagious then they already have it. What is your theory on how it happened?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Nah, he's pulled this kind of passive-aggressive snowflake crap before, announcing that he's putting someone on ignore. He's a drama queen.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I agree. There are only a few I have on ignore here, like Older, so I have a high tolerance. Of course it helps that my ignorance shows enough that it keeps me humble even when I vehemently disagree with one of "them". Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I only have two people on ignore and I’ve posted here for many years so my threshold for resorting to that is very high. I really only have one reason to put people on ignore and that’s when people resort to making things personal. The way I see it, if you’re making it personal then you’re taking it personal. And I don’t want that for people. For one thing, it’s a waste of time to engage people who are going to resolve the debate by taking personal shots because they feel like they’re getting the short end of the stick. But mainly I just don’t want to be the cause of people getting riled up personally. So hopefully if they know I can’t see their posts they will ignore me and have a better experience here. What they post doesn’t bother me, but I know what I post is bothering them so I try to rectify that as best I can. Might not make sense to you guys but it makes sense to me.

PanhandleCowboy

Point Guard
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2006
Not Close Enough to Stillwater
I only have two people on ignore and I’ve posted here for many years so my threshold for resorting to that is very high. I really only have one reason to put people on ignore and that’s when people resort to making things personal. The way I see it, if you’re making it personal then you’re taking it personal. And I don’t want that for people. For one thing, it’s a waste of time to engage people who are going to resolve the debate by taking personal shots because they feel like they’re getting the short end of the stick. But mainly I just don’t want to be the cause of people getting riled up personally. So hopefully if they know I can’t see their posts they will ignore me and have a better experience here. What they post doesn’t bother me, but I know what I post is bothering them so I try to rectify that as best I can. Might not make sense to you guys but it makes sense to me.
But I thought you were a snowflake?