Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Honestly, I just took a "vacation" but it was only a few days off and I spent a lot of time driving...so coming back to work, even on a Thursday is a bummer....I figure if I had a job I could work from home at my age it would be a huge plus. I'm 55 with no retirement in site, so it would be cool to transition into something more remote. I thank those posters who responded to this question about their remote work experiences. Really cool and I think it's going to be more and more the thing of the future, which kind of hurts my business (commercial real estate), but I think we can also adapt and thrive even with less renters in our spaces.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
1596730837016.png

Nationwide graphic continues to show dip in percentage positives per test. Also a small dip in positive test overall. Hope the trend of downward positives continues. Interesting that this percentage positive per test continues even with a recent dip in overall testing totals conducted.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I hate working from home. There is absolutely nothing organic about it. All work processes seemed to be forced and do not seem to be a byproduct of the work day. Its very frustrating. I think a lot of it is a function of the lack of interaction usually found in an office setting.

Nov 6, 2010
Honestly, I just took a "vacation" but it was only a few days off and I spent a lot of time driving...so coming back to work, even on a Thursday is a bummer....I figure if I had a job I could work from home at my age it would be a huge plus. I'm 55 with no retirement in site, so it would be cool to transition into something more remote. I thank those posters who responded to this question about their remote work experiences. Really cool and I think it's going to be more and more the thing of the future, which kind of hurts my business (commercial real estate), but I think we can also adapt and thrive even with less renters in our spaces.
Man, I've been wondering how things are going to go for your market. I can see a lot of companies thinking twice about renewing their office leases next go around. I hope it doesn't adversely affect you.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I hate working from home. There is absolutely nothing organic about it. All work processes seemed to be forced and do not seem to be a byproduct of the work day. Its very frustrating. I think a lot of it is a function of the lack of interaction usually found in an office setting.
After having done fully remote and everywhere in between i've found, for me anyways, that 2-3 days in office is best. You still feel connected to your coworkers, bosses etc but you have the freedom to work remote to avoid commutes, dress casually etc.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Regarding working from home. The company I work for has discovered that some of our employees can work from home from now on, even once covid ceases being a thing. Others are working from home part of the time and in office the other part.

I worked from home all of April and May. I hated it, wasn't nearly as productive as I need to be. So once I got the option to choose which I wanted, I came back to the office.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Man, I've been wondering how things are going to go for your market. I can see a lot of companies thinking twice about renewing their office leases next go around. I hope it doesn't adversely affect you.
Well thank you, I’m not a big player, I just work for one who is likely a billionaire if not very close. He’s very diversified and doesn’t, to my best knowledge, over extend. Healthcare is in constant flux so my place in this universe is as stable as anything g can be in the days of covid. Virtual Medicine is a thing, but currently patients still need to visit medical facilities that have expensive equipment. Thanks again for the good wishes.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Just heard on the radio Governor Stitt quoted our Oklahoma covid survivor rates. Very very good rates. Less than 1% death of positive Patients? Does anyone have the direct quotes?

My understanding that mass testing is suppose to support the fact that the death rate is vastly lower than advertised. This started to show up and the focus then became long term “effects” of the virus rather than the direct death rates. If we look at death rates fear starts to wane, and when fear starts to wane we look for new reasons to continue the panic closing of schools and sports.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Just heard on the radio Governor Stitt quoted our Oklahoma covid survivor rates. Very very good rates. Less than 1% death of positive Patients? Does anyone have the direct quotes?

My understanding that mass testing is suppose to support the fact that the death rate is vastly lower than advertised. This started to show up and the focus then became long term “effects” of the virus rather than the direct death rates. If we look at death rates fear starts to wane, and when fear starts to wane we look for new reasons to continue the panic closing of schools and sports.
I’ve thought all along that the death rate isn’t really the issue. It’s probably in the vicinity of the seasonal flu. But the infection rate is off the charts so the total deaths are in huge numbers. It’s almost like this thing was engineered to take out those that are ticking time bombs and leave the healthy still among us.

Oct 30, 2007

Worldometer is showing 41,401 cases and 593 deaths for a case fatality rate of 1.4%. That's less than half the national average, so we're doing quite well from this aspect.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I’ve thought all along that the death rate isn’t really the issue. It’s probably in the vicinity of the seasonal flu. But the infection rate is off the charts so the total deaths are in huge numbers. It’s almost like this thing was engineered to take out those that are ticking time bombs and leave the healthy still among us.
I don’t think that the design was suppose to be let out of the lab, assuming that is even what happened. But I do think the political elements on each side of the thing are more Destructive than the actual virus will be. I agree that if it was designed to kill all of us it’s doing a crappy job. That being said all death stinks

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Stitt claimed we had a survivor rate of 99.3% and explained the death rate was 0.7% and he clarified saying this was the number of total positives compared to total deaths.

However, if you do that math provided by the state itself the outcome is 1.43% death rate. Not 0.7% like he said. Remember the Flu death rate is 0.1%

1596736257477.png

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Agree. The separation of home and work is needed, especially with a wife and kids at home.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I don’t think that the design was suppose to be let out of the lab, assuming that is even what happened. But I do think the political elements on each side of the thing are more Destructive than the actual virus will be. I agree that if it was designed to kill all of us it’s doing a crappy job. That being said all death stinks
Oh I’m not saying it was actually engineered. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn’t. I’m just saying that it’s very deadly for those that are in poor health and seemingly not so for others. And I’m sure that’s true for all diseases but it’s really true in this case. If you wanted to take out the weak and sickly and leave everyone else then this is the disease you would design I would think.

Oct 30, 2007
Stitt claimed we had a survivor rate of 99.3% and explained the death rate was 0.7% and he clarified saying this was the number of total positives compared to total deaths.

However, if you do that math provided by the state itself the outcome is 1.43% death rate. Not 0.7% like he said.

View attachment 84556
I bet that he was excluding the unconfirmed probable deaths in these calculations.