Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1293998805948551169
The article already makes a big claim in the beginning they just throws it all off. They are trying to say that Trump said he's going to shut down the postal service. He has said no such thing. On top of that no matter whether they filed a patent in February or not, to fully develop and implement and test and work bugs out of a potential electronic system such as that is a monumental effort that normally takes a life cycle of a minimum of a year before something like that should be put into production. Software developers work years on Enterprise wide systems before they ever see the light of day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1294014625558728707
I still don't understand this. With a potential massive increase in mail in votes over the normal absentee numbers, you would think security would be even more paramount. Now is the time to step up security rather than loosen it. And still. What to do with voter rolls that haven't been cleaned out. You'll have some people that could receive 3 or 4 ballots depending on previous occupants of dwellings.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I don’t know if this has been posted before on the 669 page thread. But rt.live is a fascinating website. It shows graphs and details by state of the reproduction level of the virus over time.
https://rt.live/
I’ve seen that site, it is very interesting. I’m happy to see Ok drop below one. SD ramping up during Sturgis rally could be really bad.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I still don't understand this. With a potential massive increase in mail in votes over the normal absentee numbers, you would think security would be even more paramount. Now is the time to step up security rather than loosen it. And still. What to do with voter rolls that haven't been cleaned out. You'll have some people that could receive 3 or 4 ballots depending on previous occupants of dwellings.

It has nothing to do with receiving ballots. It just removes a requirement to have two witness signatures or a notary for ballot submission. The idea is to limit unnecessary exposure during the pandemic. Also, the court ruled based on respecting states’ rights, which is a conservative value. That is probably why it appears two conservative judges sided with this ruling. It was likely a 6-3 vote, but there was no official tally.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Thanks. Hawaii is a shocker. Pretty sure those are islands.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...-hawaiian-communities-hit-hard-by-coronavirus
In L.A. County, Pacific Islanders suffer the highest infection rate of any racial or ethnic group, more than 2,500 per 100,000 residents. That’s six times higher than for white people, five times higher than for Black people and three times higher than for Latinos, according to county health demographic data that exclude Long Beach and Pasadena, which have their own health departments.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://www.latimes.com/california/...-hawaiian-communities-hit-hard-by-coronavirus
In L.A. County, Pacific Islanders suffer the highest infection rate of any racial or ethnic group, more than 2,500 per 100,000 residents. That’s six times higher than for white people, five times higher than for Black people and three times higher than for Latinos, according to county health demographic data that exclude Long Beach and Pasadena, which have their own health departments.
When this started, the first reports were about ACE inhibitors. The virus was harder on those who had a certain level of the inhibitors. Something about Asian males having a genetic make up that was predisposed for this virus. Don’t know if it was determined to be truthful. Maybe it is a bioweapon?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
It has nothing to do with receiving ballots. It just removes a requirement to have two witness signatures or a notary for ballot submission. The idea is to limit unnecessary exposure during the pandemic. Also, the court ruled based on respecting states’ rights, which is a conservative value. That is probably why it appears two conservative judges sided with this ruling. It was likely a 6-3 vote, but there was no official tally.
Are they doing this for every voter or ones who request one?? Are they allowing in person voting for people who got mailed a ballot? Or are they taking safeguards that you can only do 1?? Like if they mail you a ballot are they crossing your name off for in person and not allowing it??