Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
BTW, had flu-like symptoms starting Wednesday. Got a COVID test Friday morning. Should know today or Monday (no results on Sundays).

Thursday was horrible. Could hardly get out of bed. Fortunately bouncing back pretty quickly. On Tamiflu and Z-pak for now.
It was some of the worst body aches and chills I've ever had, and had 3 days where I couldn't get out of bed.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
From the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53780196

Coronavirus: Is the US the worst-hit country for deaths?
As coronavirus cases continue to rise in the US, there are competing narratives about the impact of the disease.

President Trump claims the country has one of the lowest death rates from the virus in the world.

He's also said excess deaths are significantly lower than elsewhere - that's the number of extra deaths above what would be expected.

But others say the US has been hit worse than other countries, pointing out it has the most recorded Covid deaths of any country in the world.

"More than 170,000 Americans have died - by far the worst performance of any nation on earth," Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden has said.

We've looked at three different ways you can measure the rate of Covid-19 deaths, two of which show that while the US is not the worst affected, it's among those most badly hit.

They close the article with this little nugget, "However, there are important differences in how countries count coronavirus deaths, making exact comparisons difficult."

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It was some of the worst body aches and chills I've ever had, and had 3 days where I couldn't get out of bed.
Mine started with sore throat and headache day 1 , plus fatigue day 2, plus the horrible body aches + chills/sweats + 102° fever day 3. 50-60% better day 4. 90% better day 5. Day 6, no more symptoms, just still getting my energy back to 100%.

But, FYI @RxCowboy, my test came back negative. Didn’t think it was supposed to post on Sunday, but glad it did. Will talk to doc tomorrow. Not sure if I should go back to normal interacting with family till doc gives me the all clear. SARS-COV-2 NAA test FAQ says it does not rule out possibility of COVID-19.

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Mine started with sore throat and headache day 1 , plus fatigue day 2, plus the horrible body aches + chills/sweats + 102° fever day 3. 50-60% better day 4. 90% better day 5. Day 6, no more symptoms, just still getting my energy back to 100%.

But, FYI @RxCowboy, my test came back negative. Didn’t think it was supposed to post on Sunday, but glad it did. Will talk to doc tomorrow. Not sure if I should go back to normal interacting with family till doc gives me the all clear. SARS-COV-2 NAA test FAQ says it does not rule out possibility of COVID-19.
It seems unfathomable that you didn't/don't have covid.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Still waiting on the results of my test from Tuesday.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Still waiting on the results of my test from Tuesday.
First time I was tested before Memorial Day got my results in hours not days......second time I was tested on a Saturday, got the results the following Saturday and some information was wrong.