Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Dude, don't bring kids back to campus and then punish them for acting like college kids....
I'm normally a bit more lenient, but college administrators have been doing message after message of "fall won't be normal, we can't have the full college experience" and then "don't party or the experiences we do have will get shut down " then "stop partying or we're going to have to shut down, partying will have consequences " then "ok. Here are the consequences ". The biggest problems have been in greek houses (I was in one too) and your options become either to have a greek experience without parties and with distancing or don't have one. I didn't party that much, but would have stopped and taken more precautions if I kept getting those messages. Crazy thought though, that was because I was there for my education, plus my home life wasn't great. So, getting sent home would have been miserable.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Hows your mandatory 2 week vacay going, btw?
Funny you should ask.

I tested two weeks ago using the nasal swab method and got "negative" results in less than 6 hours. Then went on vacay out-of-state and company policy requires us to test and receive negative results before returning to work. So less than 7 days after receiving a negative test result, I tested again, this time using the spit method... and got two results actually... the testing lab reported it as negative and abnormal at the same time.

Based on my companies testing results I've shared, the test are still absolute crap. I mean terrible. AND positive results are highly, HIGHLY inflated based on false positives.

Also, I'll be getting tested again here in another week as I have more out-of-state travel planned. My company is spending $$,$$$ on crap testing... and I have no clue why.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
But it does shed light on the mistakes in the paper and provide that this is probably not as wide spread an issue as previously thought. Thus giving more info to those observing and what to look for.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Funny you should ask.

I tested two weeks ago using the nasal swab method and got "negative" results in less than 6 hours. Then went on vacay out-of-state and company policy requires us to test and receive negative results before returning to work. So less than 7 days after receiving a negative test result, I tested again, this time using the spit method... and got two results actually... the testing lab reported it as negative and abnormal at the same time.

Based on my companies testing results I've shared, the test are still absolute crap. I mean terrible. AND positive results are highly, HIGHLY inflated based on false positives.

Also, I'll be getting tested again here in another week as I have more out-of-state travel planned. My company is spending $$,$$$ on crap testing... and I have no clue why.
Multiple Covid-19 tests were allowed at first because of the false notion that any test is better than no test. That has led to too many false positives and too many false negative tests. Testing is progressively improving but no test is perfect. False positives and false negatives will continue.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Multiple Covid-19 tests were allowed at first because of the false notion that any test is better than no test. That has led to too many false positives and too many false negative tests. Testing is progressively improving but no test is perfect. False positives and false negatives will continue.
Oh I know... but when you have roughly 30 positives and roughly 30 re-tests and only get a single (questionable) confirmed result, then the testing is still crap. Pure crap.

poknround

Banned
Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Wabashaw, WI
Oh I know... but when you have roughly 30 positives and roughly 30 re-tests and only get a single (questionable) confirmed result, then the testing is still crap. Pure crap.
Wow! Noone ever said that before. Its called hundreds of emergency use authorizations for test kits and thousands of new labs coming online. What could go wrong? This is exactly why everyone who ever gets a positive diagnosis for anything concerning should always seek a second opinion...or even a third opinion.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Wow! Noone ever said that before. Its called hundreds of emergency use authorizations for test kits and thousands of new labs coming online. What could go wrong? This is exactly why everyone who ever gets a positive diagnosis for anything concerning should always seek a second opinion...or even a third opinion.
15 years ago my doc did a regular blood screening. Came back positive for Hep C. I looked it up and couldn’t figure out how the heck I could’ve got it. Best I could come up with was a dentist. For 30 days I thought it was true. Turns out it was a false positive. I became a Hep C expert at the time.