Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I’m not hanging my hat on ANY comments I encounter because no one really knows or will know until we have a large population from which to judge the results, and why I’m not taking anything until I learn more from that. Now, to your question, just guests on various guest talk shows (e.g. Pat Campbell, Bret Baier, Mark Levin, Alan Nathan) since it was first made known the vaccine is ready for prime time distribution. Some “experts” would reference initial results as successful with no significant adverse side effects, then another station or channel would have someone reference initial test subjects who reacted poorly after the second injection.
When the vaccines are made available everyone will be able to review the results for himself. Like any other
medical procedure there will be benefits and there will be risks. Don't listen to the guy next door. Read the data for yourself and make up you own mind.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Former Dem POTUS hopeful Delaney is trying to get support for a new approach to the COVID Vaccine. Instead of sending out Stimulus checks to all Americans...He is proposing that the money be set aside for a new $1500 stimulus check for each and every American, but it is only triggered to pay out when you get a COVID vaccine.
But what about those who've had the virus and have antibodies? If immunity does last a year or two minimum then why be forced to vaccinate?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/SteveHofstetter/status/1334528384290803715

The other two were intention attacks. Is anyone blaming China for the virus or at least covering it up in the early stages which lead to the pandemic?

These are health related deaths usually occurring in already compromised individuals. It is still very sad and unfortunate that anyone has died because of this.
Comparing it to the number of deaths, from say, heart disease is more apples to apples.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Sorry to quote my own post but I wanted to add I think the next big fight after the vaccine is released will be Anti Vaxxers who refuse to get their kids vaccinated for ANYTHING will raise a HOLY CRAP Fest if public schools require their kids to show proof of a COVID vaccine to attend public schools.

Many Anti Vaxxers get by now claiming a religious exemption and I assume they will try to make the same claim with the COVID vaccine.
Has distance learning been effective enough that the schools can say if you don’t get the vaccine you will be required to learn from home?
Distance learning sucks. Nobody I know, especially the elementary level, thinks it's doing any good. Teachers parents or kids.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/cbseveningnews/status/1334644614138093570?s=21
Why do they always say "in a single day"?.... These are reports that lag behind the actual events. On top of that you have the backlog from the holidays and just before that is being worked on. It's ridiculous for them to word it like it's real time. Heck, that information could be 3 days worth of processing in one state, and 5 in another, for all we know.

Sep 22, 2011
Has distance learning been effective enough that the schools can say if you don’t get the vaccine you will be required to learn from home?
I have 2 elementary age kids in DL and my wife teaches Middle school. Distance learning is crap, my kids hate it, my wife works about 14 hours a day between working on the kids school and getting her lessons ready for her class and I know 90% of the parents probably are not able to put the time in we do to at least keep my kids learning a little. Just look at the failure and absence data from these districts that have been on DL all semester.

Sep 22, 2011
I think it can be argued at the 9-12 it can be done and be done successfully and I think can be argued it is a MASSIVE learning opportunity for Self Responsibility to better prepare these students for College. However, for the younger grades it seems like it has been a pure Sh** Show
Maybe for the top 10-15% of kids, the middle 70% will show little or no progress and the bottom 15 will drop out or fail

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I’m not hanging my hat on ANY comments I encounter because no one really knows or will know until we have a large population from which to judge the results, and why I’m not taking anything until I learn more from that.
Maybe you could fill us in on a historical example of a vaccine-related concern you have that required a large population beyond phase 3 testing?

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I have often wondered why the complete refusal by some to wear a mask? (I HATE wearing mask, but do so for my job and my fellow American) My knee jerk reaction is that if Trump had encouraged it early on when scientists said it would help, we would have majority of US wearing them...I say this mostly because the reaction to Covid is partisan - 90% Dems are "concerned" about Covid and only 30% Reps are (according to a civiqs poll, which I imagine is pretty darn accurate).
My parents, who are up there in years and proud Reps, still think Covid is no more serious than the flu, thinks the liberal media is making up the high numbers, that this is just a way to control us, that wearing masks is stupid, etc. On a scale of 1-10 of how concerned about Covid they are, it's a 1!
Sorry, getting back to my original question, many people I hear say that "well masks don't work, cuz people who wear them still get Covid." I say, well it surely helps though, and helps to stop the spread; they say "well if they work why do we have so many cases and deaths?" I say cuz not enough people wear them and even if they ALL did, we would still have cases and deaths, but not nearly as many, and the argument goes round and round....
Anyways, I have said this before, but I often wonder if ALL (or at least 96.2%) citizens wore masks religiously for about a month, would we be in a better situation? If numbers didn't improve, then at least we could all say, OK, masks don't help, and we could all have a big ole 'burn your mask' party.
Anyways, crap this is a longer post than I wanted...my bad...but, if you feel strongly either way, why or why not wear a freakin' mask????