1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

COWBOY BASEBALL

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Ride Em Cowboys, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Ride Em Cowboys

Ride Em Cowboys Wrangler

2. Ride Em Cowboys

Ride Em Cowboys Wrangler

What about the Baylor and Mizzou series Curt? We would have been better off staying in Stillwater for those.The Texas series- does not matter if we lost by one or ten runs. A lose is a lose! The simple fact is, we need a coach that can motivate, recruit, teach, and get out before the public and promote OSU Baseball all year 24/7.. Frank does not do any of the above!!!!

poke44osu likes this.
  3. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Federal Marshal

Holder's actions towards the baseball program are a clear indication that the football coaches want Lunt to be the starting QB. You need to read between the lines.

CBM2, PlatypusJojo and Hokey_Pokey like this.
  4. jimmythepoke

jimmythepoke Cowboy

Well in a few weeks, maybe robin venture will be available to lead us back.

5. PC_cowboy33

PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy A/V Subscriber

Our guys are going out there fighting their tails off game in and game out even though things haven't gone their way. I've seen around 20 games this year, including the games in Austin, and we have been competitive...I'm not sure where this nonsense about Frank not being able to motivate comes from.

My guess is that you have zero clue about our recruiting.

Brad Propst transferred in from Frank Phillips College in Bartlesville as a shortstop...2 years later he was drafted as a pitcher.
    Blake Barnes has improved dramatically this year - to the point that he'll likely be drafted in the top 20 rounds. Vince Wheeland has improved by leaps and bounds as well.
    Andrew Heaney has showed significant improvement all three years he's been at OSU - he will be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.
    Brett Anderson learned how to throw a slider - one of the better sliders in the league - from his dad...But Frank can't teach the game.

I don't disagree about Frank needing to help his cause by being in the public eye a little bit more, but that's not a fireable offense.

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  6. ProPoke

ProPoke Cowboy

So again...if Frank is doing such a great job coaching and recruiting such great players, why is this program struggling so much? If there are such great players in the program as you claim, then that means the coaching sucks big time. This team could finish last and you would be here making excuse after excuse for him. I can hear it now "We finished last but we were competitive!"

SEKPoke likes this.
  7. PC_cowboy33

We've finished lower than 4th twice in 8 years. We'll be in position to finish 4th once again this year. Considering the lack of support, that's not too bad. We do a good job recruiting CONSIDERING the lack of commitment to the program from our AD. We get a lot of guys here we shouldn't get whether you like it or not.

8. ProPoke

ProPoke Cowboy

And Frank will finish 4th or lower again whether I like it or not. And we will not make it to the College World Series again whether I like it or not. And we will not win the Big 12 Tournament again whether I like it or not.

9. PC_cowboy33

Who is the only OSU coach to ever win the Big 12 tournament? ;)

10. ProPoke

ProPoke Cowboy

Who is the only OSU coach to not qualify for the Big 12 tournament?

11. ProPoke

ProPoke Cowboy

Who is the OSU coach who finished in 1st place 18 out of 19 years?

12. superpoke

superpoke Sheriff

This thread isn't dead yet? Ugh.

You cannot expect elite results without at least good all-around support. If you didn't learn that lesson from football, I don't know what to tell you.

13. PC_cowboy33

FIFY

Really though, I don't care if you want Coach Anderson gone. As I've repeatedly said, I wouldn't have an issue if we fired Anderson, but I don't think we will because of several extenuating circumstances that the Fire Anderson crowd loves to downplay.

I'm guessing we'll finish at least 5th in conference...which is about where I put us before the year started by the way. We'll have a shot at 4th if we beat OU - which won't be out of reach.

14. PC_cowboy33

The Big 12 has been around for 16 years correct?

15. LS1 Z28

LS1 Z28 Deputy

Regardless of how poeple feel about Coach Anderson, I hope we absolutely pack the stadium Saturday after the spring game. I would love to see standing room only.

16. ProPoke

ProPoke Cowboy

That would be Gary Ward. The year the team didn't finish in first place, they came in third. So I guess you could ask "Who is the OSU coach who never finished lower than 3rd in his coaching career".

17. Blackhawk Hockey

Blackhawk Hockey gifs are good

I don't know much about baseball. Some posters on here have said that it would be important to get alumni involved in the program. I think that would be huge.

I know it is a different sport and different levels, but the Blackhawks did this a couple years ago. The hawks were a piss poor franchise with a rich history. There was a falling out with some of the big time players from back in the day (alumni). The team was terrible with awful attendance. About 4 years ago, the franchise reached out to these players, admitted their wrongs, and wanted to name these players ambasitors to the organization. Since then, these players have been attending games, the fans have been in to every game, tickets are hard to get, and they won the Stanley Cup two years ago. For those of you that care, they are Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull.

Someone said they have been reaching out to their alumni in the past. Well, in what ways and when? More than just a single bbq at a house in California. I'm not saying we will be in Omaha 2 years later, but someone in this half azz athletic department needs to start listening to its fans and alumni in every sport. Getting these older player more involved in the program will be a very east start to turning this pretty bad club around. Don't worry Holder, I'm not in the AD so it's probably wrong and a bad idea.

18. cowboys_r_us

cowboys_r_us Deputy

Frank Anderson is a tremendous pitching coach. I don't think there's any doubt about that. The problem is, that isn't his job anymore. From Day 1, I've yet to see an Anderson coached team that could bunt, steal and manufacture runs - even after BBCOR. Early on he had great power hitters and could win by the long ball. When transfer rules changed and BBCOR was implemented, he was dead in the water.

19. Rob B.

Rob B. Twizzard of Oz A/V Subscriber

I vote nobody can start with the "fire FA" BS until they learn the difference between "loss" and "lose". :facepalm:

CTeamPoke, pokefun and OKST13 like this.
  20. PC_cowboy33

Gary Ward never won a Big 12 championship.