1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

COWBOY BASEBALL

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Ride Em Cowboys, Apr 16, 2012.

1. PC_cowboy33

A/V Subscriber PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy

we had 2 alumni weekend activities planned this year. One on homecoming weekend for football, which involved a pretty good number of former players though I don't have the official numbers at hand.

The other was an alumni game with around 35 guys who wanted to come play and 15-20 more who just wanted to come back to enjoy the weekend, but it was 33 degrees so we had to cancel the game.

We also added quite a bit of signage this year along the outfield fence related to the history of the program.

I can't tell you for certain, but I would imagine all of that was paid for out of the operating budget for baseball. I don't think they can do a whole lot more than a couple weekends a year with the funds available.
  2. Philranger

Philranger Wrangler

I honestly feel sorry for any coach that has to work at a school that had a legendary coach. It's the same all over regardless of the sport.

"Anderson isn't as good as Ward was, OMG he must suck! Fire him!"
    "OMG Frank Solich hasn't won a national title at Nebraska like Osborne did, we should fire him for not being as good as a coaching legend!"

And in the first 3 years of Gundy's career:

"Les Miles did so well here, and Gundy is screwing it up! We should fire him!"
  3. ProPoke

ProPoke Cowboy

And Frank Anderson never won a Big 8 Championship. With Ward winning 17 championshiops, I am willing to bet Frank Anderson doesn't win at least 17 championships in his coaching career at OSU. Anderson only has 16 more to go PC so what do you say?
  4. PC_cowboy33

A/V Subscriber PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy

I guess you missed the ;)