Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Hatch had another solid outing....seems like he'll be used as long reliever, spot starter after bringing up their #1 prospect to the rotation on Wednesday. Either way, he seems unfazed and has handled himself well. Here is an interview with Hatch. He talks about his high school days, recruiting process, college, and his climb to the MLB.

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1288970979545436161?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1288970712514850816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1288900075834482691?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
There is another Tulsa area (Berryhill) kid in the Jays organization that pitched at Arkansas. He's currently at the AAA club in Buffalo and would love to see him step up a level.
http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=667427#/career/R/pitching/2020/ALL

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Unfortunately, Hatch finally got his welcoming moment to the MLB...Hatch did strike out the side in the 8th and this was the only hit he gave up in the game.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1292560052671451136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
This is one of our 2021 commits.....has been tearing it up all summer. One of those you worry about making it to campus

https://twitter.com/FiveTool/status/1293356355315806208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Picked up another big commitment yesterday from Matt Golda, a transfer SS from Kentucky. He played his first two seasons at Western Oklahoma State before playing at Kentucky last season before play stopped. According to his tweet, it looks like he’s eligible immediately. He was a perfect game 1st team all American coming out of HS, put up good numbers at juco, and was really playing well at Kentucky. This is a big time get. Our roster is definitely going to be a log jam, as will so many other programs. Will be very interesting to see how our IF competitions shake out. Things get interesting with the additions of Encarnación and Golda. I think we already know who will be starting everyday in the OF.

Kentucky must really hate us by now, we’ve raided some serious talent from them for a while now.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Picked up another big commitment yesterday from Matt Golda, a transfer SS from Kentucky. He played his first two seasons at Western Oklahoma State before playing at Kentucky last season before play stopped. According to his tweet, it looks like he’s eligible immediately. He was a perfect game 1st team all American coming out of HS, put up good numbers at juco, and was really playing well at Kentucky. This is a big time get. Our roster is definitely going to be a log jam, as will so many other programs. Will be very interesting to see how our IF competitions shake out. Things get interesting with the additions of Encarnación and Golda. I think we already know who will be starting everyday in the OF.

Kentucky must really hate us by now, we’ve raided some serious talent from them for a while now.
I'm shocked we ended up with him.....we he announced he's transferring, he was the most coveted MIF prospect in the portal. I knew we inquired about him, but I didn't think we'd pursue him. He'll likely be a MIF, and compete at 2nd base. I would peg him as a starter most likely...question is does he play SS or 2nd. Morrill can play both, and he had an up and down summer in the TCL from a hitting standpoint, but his defense was so ELITE and has the attention of scouts. 3rd base is still a question though. In terms of Encarnacion, he'll be in the lineup starting at 1st, 3rd base or DH. His bat is too good. It'll be interesting if some of our young talent will wait their turn or transfer after the fall semester

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
I'm shocked we ended up with him.....we he announced he's transferring, he was the most coveted MIF prospect in the portal. I knew we inquired about him, but I didn't think we'd pursue him. He'll likely be a MIF, and compete at 2nd base. I would peg him as a starter most likely...question is does he play SS or 2nd. Morrill can play both, and he had an up and down summer in the TCL from a hitting standpoint, but his defense was so ELITE and has the attention of scouts. 3rd base is still a question though. In terms of Encarnacion, he'll be in the lineup starting at 1st, 3rd base or DH. His bat is too good. It'll be interesting if some of our young talent will wait their turn or transfer after the fall semester
Do you think this might cause Thompson to look elsewhere? I really liked his contact oriented bat, but he’s probably better suited for 2nd than 3rd.

I’m probably getting my hopes up too much, but with the pursuit of an actual football season this fall, if they can pull it off, I would be so hyped for an actual baseball season to happen in the spring. So far, I’ve been pretty convinced that sports wouldn’t happen in the spring, let alone the fall. I’m beginning to allow myself to be cautiously optimistic.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Do you think this might cause Thompson to look elsewhere? I really liked his contact oriented bat, but he’s probably better suited for 2nd than 3rd.

I’m probably getting my hopes up too much, but with the pursuit of an actual football season this fall, if they can pull it off, I would be so hyped for an actual baseball season to happen in the spring. So far, I’ve been pretty convinced that sports wouldn’t happen in the spring, let alone the fall. I’m beginning to allow myself to be cautiously optimistic.
Good question..I think JT stays, but you never know. His glove needs to improve but his bat definitely plays especially since he’s contact oriented. He has played some basketball 1st base this summer so maybe he can platoon wit Garcia, gives you a lefty hitter in the lineup.

I think baseball will happen this spring vaccine or not. It’s a sport you can Play and socially distance as long as your team is discipline outside of the stadium. Outside of the marlins and Cardinals, things have gone as well in baseball as it could.

Tom Hollidays team summer league team had “ZERO” positives the entire TCL (Texas collegiate league) season. Although they didn’t win the championship game, it was the thing he was most proud of. Two teams in the league, Frisco Roughriders and can’t think of the other were the only teams in the league that had serious outbreaks that caused them to forfeit games. There’s a blueprint to play baseball...learn from the MLB and implement a plan. Don’t be discouraged my friend, I believe baseball happens in the spring.

Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com
This is a random observation I had the other day that may have already been discussed. We have one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country, but the massive right field wall behind the visitors bullpen sticks out as an eye sore. It's just an exposed concrete wall. Are there any plans to brick it or anything? I think brick with an "OS" in a lighter color would be a really nice touch out there.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
This is a random observation I had the other day that may have already been discussed. We have one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country, but the massive right field wall behind the visitors bullpen sticks out as an eye sore. It's just an exposed concrete wall. Are there any plans to brick it or anything? I think brick with an "OS" in a lighter color would be a really nice touch out there.
Would be a great spot for some sort of graphic celebrating an aspect of our history. Those are the kind of details I hope we see all over the ballpark.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Great updates guys! Good to see the "boys of summer" doing what they do in the summer. A lot to get excited about for the upcoming season and it's going to happen, I won't think otherwise. Team should be loaded and offensive in a good way.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Congrats on his 1st MLB win!!.... 1.0 IP 1 H 0 R 0 BB 2 K

https://twitter.com/Wilnerness590/status/1296993823139209216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/OSUBaseball/status/1297012837324382209?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Last edited: