Cowboy Basketball: 2018 Advocare Invitational Tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2008
First Round:
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Memphis Tigers

Thursday November 22, 2018

2:30 PM CT

Orlando, Florida

TV Coverage: ESPN2

Mar 27, 2008
Memphis is coached by first year head coach and former NBA star Penny Hardaway. Hardaway used to play for the Orlando Magic when he was in the NBA. Hopefully this doesn't translate into much of a 'home court' advantage type crowd for Memphis.

Also interesting reading about Memphis was they received really good news yesterday, when they got a commitment from ESPN's #1 recruit in the nation James Wiseman. So this is a program that is trending very heavily upward.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
Memphis is coached by first year head coach and former NBA star Penny Hardaway. Hardaway used to play for the Orlando Magic when he was in the NBA. Hopefully this doesn't translate into much of a 'home court' advantage type crowd for Memphis.

Also interesting reading about Memphis was they received really good news yesterday, when they got a commitment from ESPN's #1 recruit in the nation James Wiseman. So this is a program that is trending very heavily upward.
It's definitely a great commitment, but I believe Hardaway coached Wiseman in high school.

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK
According to Desmond Mason, Penny Hardaway would have come here as an assistant/Associate Head Coach if Gottlieb had got hired. Not saying I preferred that but just crazy to think about...

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Hopefully traffic isn't too bad getting into town tomorrow. I would like to watch a bit of the first game. Though I don't care enough to actually leave early enough to make sure I get to see it. :)

Just care about the pokes at 3:30 and the rest of the weekend.

Jun 23, 2005
According to Desmond Mason, Penny Hardaway would have come here as an assistant/Associate Head Coach if Gottlieb had got hired. Not saying I preferred that but just crazy to think about...
So he would have been here for one year?