Cowboy Basketball (3-0) WIN 70-62 against Marquette. Next Up vs Oakland Grizzlies SATURDAY in GIA #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m no basketball expert but correct me if I’m wrong

Cade didn’t have his A game

Flavors was bad (1 for 6)

We missed about 100 shots from inside 3 ft of the hoop

We beat a pretty good team on the road by 10 points.
I know you're exaggerating about 100 shots in the paint.

However, 51% of OSU points came inside the paint. Marquette was 35%.

I don't know the shooting percentage inside the paint. But it was 60% inside the three point line (18/30).

Gamecast used to give a shot selection chart, but I don't find that now.

Both Flavors and Moncrieffe had an off night. Combined they were 3 of 15 (20%). The rest of the team shot 49%, pretty good.

First two games the pair was shooting 50% inside the 3 point line and 42% from 3 point range (47% overall).

okstate.com gives some nice game statistics.
You won't find a shot selection chart on ESPN when the game was on Fox sports.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2005
Wouldn’t have had Evans either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Jawun Evans was a Travis Ford recruit.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I think he meant Lamont Evans

Sep 23, 2010
Boone wasn’t great either before he fouled out. And we best a good team on the road by 10 points. I’m trying to keep my expectations in check, but these youngsters are making it hard.
The only thing that's keeping me grounded is I don't know how good Marquette is going to be. They have some nice size up front. Their guard play wasn't very good against us. They lost the kid from last year that avg like 25ppg so they still are finding themselves. I know they thought Carlton from Ohio State was the answer but their team has a lot to prove.

We definitely are showing we have some nice tools, real depth in athleticism and enough shooting to make people honest. And we have one of the best players in the country. So, should be fun to watch for sure.

Sep 23, 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he meant Lamont Evans[/QUOTE]

He might be referring to Lamont Evans and the mess Underwood left us with there. Underwood did hire Orlando Antigua at Illinois who was Calipari's assistant for a long time. Not known to be exactly the most straight laced guy ever. And they are getting some good players.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Boone wasn’t great either before he fouled out. And we best a good team on the road by 10 points. I’m trying to keep my expectations in check, but these youngsters are making it hard.
He was 2-2 on FGs and 1-1 on Free Throws before fowling out. Plus 4 rebounds in 15 minutes. Other than foul trouble he played pretty well.

It's pretty much how he has played in all three games this year.

1607094509688.png

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Even though it’s been a really good start, we haven’t really run any pick n roll that I’ve noticed. IMO Kalib’s best part of his game was what we saw from him as a roller last year. Scouting on Cade is that he’s a pick n roll savant. Once we start getting that going, Kalib will shine.

Sep 23, 2010
He was 2-2 on FGs and 1-1 on Free Throws before fowling out. Plus 4 rebounds in 15 minutes. Other than foul trouble he played pretty well.

It's pretty much how he has played in all three games this year.

View attachment 87544
5 turnovers (not even a ballhandler, he would have to turn it over almost every time he touched it seemingly) and 5 fouls in 15min is extremely detrimental to a team. Throw in his lack of energy and physicality. We need Kalib to play much better.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
5 turnovers (not even a ballhandler, he would have to turn it over almost every time he touched it seemingly) and 5 fouls in 15min is extremely detrimental to a team. Throw in his lack of energy and physicality. We need Kalib to play much better.
The point is he performed about as he typically does. Both Flavors and Moncrieffe had an off game.

Sep 23, 2010
The point is he performed about as he typically does. Both Flavors and Moncrieffe had an off game.
I agree he has played poorly in the first 3 games this year. We need him to play better for us to realize our potential. The hope would be his play reflects more how he played last 10 games of last season while splitting minutes with Yor, and even better considering he has a year under his belt.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I agree he has played poorly in the first 3 games this year. We need him to play better for us to realize our potential. The hope would be his play reflects more how he played last 10 games of last season while splitting minutes with Yor, and even better considering he has a year under his belt.
There is a reason he's starting and it may be one that doesn't show up on the stat sheets.

Sep 23, 2010
There is a reason he's starting and it may be one that doesn't show up on the stat sheets.
He's starting because if he plays up to his potential, he can really help us and we don't have to play 5 perimeter players the entire game. He just hasn't played up to his potential yet. Kalib Boone would certainly agree with me that he's not happy with his current production.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
He's starting because if he plays up to his potential, he can really help us and we don't have to play 5 perimeter players the entire game. He just hasn't played up to his potential yet. Kalib Boone would certainly agree with me that he's not happy with his current production.
The guy he's guarding on defense, how productive are they? I don't know but if he's effective defensively keeping his guy under performing that doesn't show up necessarily on the stat sheet.

I don't know those things, all I can do is trust the coach is starting him because he deserves to be the starter.

Sep 23, 2010
The guy he's guarding on defense, how productive are they? I don't know but if he's effective defensively keeping his guy under performing that doesn't show up necessarily on the stat sheet.

I don't know those things, all I can do is trust the coach is starting him because he deserves to be the starter.
Asking your specific question...how is his defense? Well, lay ups are the most efficient way to score in basketball and free throws are the next efficient. So if he's fouling a lot, it's bad for our defense. Directly if he's putting people to the free throw line and indirectly putting the other team faster to the bonus.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be the starter. I would keep him as the starter. He just needs to play better. Pretty sure MB, Kalib and I all agree with that.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Lamont

Feb 18, 2009
This. I haven’t heard this mentioned, but I was shocked at how poorly we shot near the basket.
We took some shots in there all night with no call. May not have converted all the FTs but it wasn’t clean in there. Usually the team consistently attacking the rim is rewarded. We didn’t even get to the bonus in 1st half.

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I think he meant Lamont Evans[/QUOTE]

He might be referring to Lamont Evans and the mess Underwood left us with there. Underwood did hire Orlando Antigua at Illinois who was Calipari's assistant for a long time. Not known to be exactly the most straight laced guy ever. And they are getting some good players.[/QUOTE]

He was referring to not having “Lamont Evans” if not for Underwood and hence no probation if not for Underwood hiring him as our assistant. He was never referring to Juwan Evans.....