Cowboy Basketball: vs ORU Game Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Cowboy Basketball tips off Wednesday night in GIA against the Golden Eagles of ORU. Boynton has a Top 25 recruiting class with plenty of returning talent this season. The Cowboys were picked 6th in the Big 12 preseason media poll. ORU was picked 3rd in the Summit League. We will also have another 5* recruit in the house..

GO POKES!!!

ORU at Oklahoma State
Gallagher-Iba Arena
7:00 CT
ESPN +
Cowboys favored by 16

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
7:00 pm tipoff at GIA, TV is ESPN +

https://twitter.com/OSUMBB/status/1191894216638685186?s=19

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Thank you for starting a new basketball thread! Notes from Frank Bonner II...

OSU’s bench was nonexistent last year, with just six players competing in all 32 games and the starting five playing the majority of the minutes. This season’s top-25 recruiting class will give Boynton a full bench to create his rotation.

Senior captain Thomas Dziagwa, who averaged 32.1 minutes a game last year, is excited about the depth the younger guys have brought to this year’s roster.

“We have guys that can stretch the floor,” Dziagwa said. “And we have guys who can block shots coming off the bench or if they play in the starting lineup. I think we have a really deep team. Each person will have an opportunity to showcase their talents.”
Here's our preview of tonight's game from Dekota Gregory...

OSU endured a disappointing season last year in part because of injuries, but there’s still plenty of hope in Stillwater for a Cowboys team that was predicted to finish sixth in the Big 12 preseason poll. ORU was picked to finish third in the Summit League.

“They’ve got a good team,” OSU coach Mike Boynton said about the Golden Eagles. “I don’t know exactly where they’re picked, but I think it’s pretty high in their league. They’ve got a pretty experienced group, and they’re really good in size, so it will present us another challenge for our big guys. …

“Hopefully our depth and athleticism will give us a chance to overcome some of that.”
Also on an OSU basketball note, the women's team won last night.

Nov 14, 2010
I will be there loud and proud

I'm very excited to see this team

I got to see the Boone twins last year in the State Tournament, and I'm excited to see what they look like having been in the program for a while