Cowboy Wrestling @ UNI Tomorrow; Iowa State Sunday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
On Saturday night vs UNI:
Broadcast on Flowrestling

125: #4 Nick Piccinnini vs #16 Jacob Schwarm
133: UR Reece Witcraft vs #25 Jack Skudlarczyk
141: #18 Dusty Hone vs #14 Ian Blockhaus
149: #3 Boo Lewallen vs #11 Max Thomsen
157: #20 Wyatt Sheets vs UR Keeton Geerts
165: #9 Travis Wittlake vs UR Austin Yont
174: UR Joe Smith -or- UR Andrew Shomers vs #5 Bryce Steiert
184: #22 Anthony Montalvo vs #4 Taylor Lujan
197: #9 Dakota Geer vs UR Noah Glasser
HWT: UR Austin Harris -or- UR Neil Putnam vs #13 Carter Isley

On Sunday afternoon vs ISU:
Broadcast on Flowrestling

125: #4 Nick Piccinnini vs #9 Alex Mackall
133: UR Reece Witcraft vs #16 Todd Small
141: #18 Dusty Hone -or- UR Kaden Gfeller vs #8 Ian Parker
149: #3 Boo Lewallen vs #7 Jarrett Degen
157: #20 Wyatt Sheets vs #3 Derek Carr
165: #9 Travis Wittlake vs UR Chase Straw
174: UR Joe Smith -or- UR Andrew Shomers vs #11 Sam Colbray
184: #22 Anthony Montalvo vs #17 Marcus Coleman
197: #9 Dakota Geer vs #20 Joel Shapiro
HWT: UR Austin Harris -or- UR Neil Putnam vs #12 Gannon Gremmel

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Glad I still have my Flo subscription. I'm looking forward to watching. Looks like a couple of really tough matchups.
My internet service (Hughesnet) in the middle of nowhere in western Oklahoma sucks so bad, I can't stream anything so I don't have Flo or ESPN+. I listen on the radio like it is 1975. :D Subscriptions to either would be an additional waste of money on top of the money I already waste on the internet service itself.

Just a statement, please don't turn this into an internet thread. Back to wrestling thoughts....

Several of our guys have a full plate in front of them this weekend.

Picc should do what Picc does and give us a lead early both days.

Witcraft could get some decent wins with a solid outing. He's fun to watch but makes some freshman mistakes as you'd expect. He really likes the throws and can score 6 (or give up 6) in a hurry. He reminds me of Chandler Rogers in the aspect of he can beat anyone or get beaten by anyone in any particular match just due to his style of "go big or go home" wrestling. Not very often to see a 4 to 3 type match with him.

Boo and Hone could get a couple of good, signature wins that could help in March as well. Hope Boo can stay healthy the rest of the year.

Sheets has looked pretty good lately but will have to be flawless to win on Sunday.

Hope Wittlake can continue his climb and roll this weekend. He has looked really solid this year.

Shomers has a rough road but would feel good if he could grab at least one on the weekend.

I'm anxious to see what Montalvo does. He seems like a really good kid that is starting to "figure it out." He has wrestled some really good matches recently.

Geer should win both and possibly get us some bonus points along the way.

Heavyweight.....ugh......It is just so tough to watch right now. Both wrestle hard but are so overmatched and undersized, it hardly seems fair. Neither UNI or ISU have a "hammer" at heavy so maybe we can do something here but I'm not overly optimistic.

I feel pretty confident that we should come home with two dual wins, but they will be much closer than the previous three duals have been.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
My internet service (Hughesnet) in the middle of nowhere in western Oklahoma sucks so bad, I can't stream anything so I don't have Flo or ESPN+. I listen on the radio like it is 1975. :D Subscriptions to either would be an additional waste of money on top of the money I already waste on the internet service itself.

Just a statement, please don't turn this into an internet thread. Back to wrestling thoughts....

Several of our guys have a full plate in front of them this weekend.

Picc should do what Picc does and give us a lead early both days.

Witcraft could get some decent wins with a solid outing. He's fun to watch but makes some freshman mistakes as you'd expect. He really likes the throws and can score 6 (or give up 6) in a hurry. He reminds me of Chandler Rogers in the aspect of he can beat anyone or get beaten by anyone in any particular match just due to his style of "go big or go home" wrestling. Not very often to see a 4 to 3 type match with him.

Boo and Hone could get a couple of good, signature wins that could help in March as well. Hope Boo can stay healthy the rest of the year.

Sheets has looked pretty good lately but will have to be flawless to win on Sunday.

Hope Wittlake can continue his climb and roll this weekend. He has looked really solid this year.

Shomers has a rough road but would feel good if he could grab at least one on the weekend.

I'm anxious to see what Montalvo does. He seems like a really good kid that is starting to "figure it out." He has wrestled some really good matches recently.

Geer should win both and possibly get us some bonus points along the way.

Heavyweight.....ugh......It is just so tough to watch right now. Both wrestle hard but are so overmatched and undersized, it hardly seems fair. Neither UNI or ISU have a "hammer" at heavy so maybe we can do something here but I'm not overly optimistic.

I feel pretty confident that we should come home with two dual wins, but they will be much closer than the previous three duals have been.
We're going to learn a ton about what we have in Witcraft, Hone, Sheets, and Montalvo this weekend for sure. They all have awesome opportunities to put themselves on the map as threats to AA.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
We're going to learn a ton about what we have in Witcraft, Hone, Sheets, and Montalvo this weekend for sure. They all have awesome opportunities to put themselves on the map as threats to AA.
Well...

Sheets is Sheets. Probably a R16 guy at best. Not sure we can expect much from him.

Hone is pretty good. Not great. Not G... but I guess that ship has sailed so he's what I got. Hopefully he qualifies. Being a grown ass man really should help with the leadership.

Montalvo is a fringe AA guy and I think it's really starting to click for him. Tough match against a legit AA in Lujan and then a big win against one of Iowa State's freshman studs that they moved other studs around to get into the lineup.

Witcraft is inconsistent. The talent is there and I think that, if he can stay in the lineup, he'll be really dang good for OSU throughout his career. The win against Todd Small was really big. Small is a very good wrestler. 2x JUCO national champ. But his loss on Saturday is hard to explain away. He got ridden like a cheap hooker by a fringe qualifier... IDK not an awesome loss. Needs to show up like he did against Small (and Philippi) for all of his bouts.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Well...

Sheets is Sheets. Probably a R16 guy at best. Not sure we can expect much from him.

Hone is pretty good. Not great. Not G... but I guess that ship has sailed so he's what I got. Hopefully he qualifies. Being a grown ass man really should help with the leadership.

Montalvo is a fringe AA guy and I think it's really starting to click for him. Tough match against a legit AA in Lujan and then a big win against one of Iowa State's freshman studs that they moved other studs around to get into the lineup.

Witcraft is inconsistent. The talent is there and I think that, if he can stay in the lineup, he'll be really dang good for OSU throughout his career. The win against Todd Small was really big. Small is a very good wrestler. 2x JUCO national champ. But his loss on Saturday is hard to explain away. He got ridden like a cheap hooker by a fringe qualifier... IDK not an awesome loss. Needs to show up like he did against Small (and Philippi) for all of his bouts.
Witcraft is just so inconsistent, he looks every bit the freshman that he is. I think he will be a much better wrestler after he gets used to this level. You can see him trying to do things he probably got away with in high school and getting caught at the college level. But you also see that spark of greatness at times so who knows how he will end up. I think this year has been really good for him to get used to things in case he is needed in the future.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Witcraft is just so inconsistent, he looks every bit the freshman that he is. I think he will be a much better wrestler after he gets used to this level. You can see him trying to do things he probably got away with in high school and getting caught at the college level. But you also see that spark of greatness at times so who knows how he will end up. I think this year has been really good for him to get used to things in case he is needed in the future.
I mean yeah he's a top 35 recruit and usually you redshirt guys like that... He's doing well with the hand he's dealt, and if it clicks for him in March then somebody will be sad to see him on Minneapolis.

It'll be good for him to redshirt next year, certainly. Especially with the Kaid Brock news.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I mean yeah he's a top 35 recruit and usually you redshirt guys like that... He's doing well with the hand he's dealt, and if it clicks for him in March then somebody will be sad to see him on Minneapolis.

It'll be good for him to redshirt next year, certainly. Especially with the Kaid Brock news.
I wish he would lose the lateral drop for the rest of the year. I am sure it never failed in high school, but everyone he's wrestling now could do that in high school.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I wish he would lose the lateral drop for the rest of the year. I am sure it never failed in high school, but everyone he's wrestling now could do that in high school.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reaching back when he's on bottom is just killing him. It worked once.