Cowboys vs. Beavers Score prediction thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If you think Gundy's beliefs are bumfuzzled, how can you predict Sanders to start? Brown was a two year starter at the FBS level, therefore he's the more experienced player.
I don't think Gundy's thoughts are currently bumfuzzled. If he continues to emulate Pat Jones then I supposed he will become bumfuzzled. That's why we got Thurman Thomas instead of Barry Sanders, who was better in that comparison? Experience doesn't necessarily mean someone is automatically better.

Oct 12, 2006
The Beav's say there's "no doubt that they are better on defense" and there's "reason to believe they are improved on offense as well". They say if the Beav's can hang in their for a half that maybe it will be to late for the Pokes to rise to the challenge of the second half. They feel they have a good chance of pulling off the upset because we have some question marks. Seems reasonable but I personally don't think they assessed the entire situation. Our offense SHOULD be impressive and our defense will show it's leaks again this season up front but close with some experience in the secondary. Their hype is more illogical than ours. Time to see if we have QB's that can throw strikes to our wealth of WR's, if Chuba can man the run game, if both D and O can control their lines, and we can cut misques to a minimum. Go Pokes!

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I have already predicted that the Pokes will lick them Beavers, but early on I think we see the newly revamped Charlie Dickey O-Line open some big holes for Chuba and Co. Forcing them to bring down safety help. They will most likely have a safety over the top on "2" so our basketball WR's will have a potential field day. The big question will be if SS can identify a blitz and hit Stoner or Wolfe for a big play and make them pay for it.

Podcast said their QB is pretty immobile with not a lot of arm strength. Sounds like some sack opps to me. They gave up 4 per game on average last year.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019
Gresham, or
I have already predicted that the Pokes will lick them Beavers, but early on I think we see the newly revamped Charlie Dickey O-Line open some big holes for Chuba and Co. Forcing them to bring down safety help. They will most likely have a safety over the top on "2" so our basketball WR's will have a potential field day. The big question will be if SS can identify a blitz and hit Stoner or Wolfe for a big play and make them pay for it.

Podcast said their QB is pretty immobile with not a lot of arm strength. Sounds like some sack opps to me. They gave up 4 per game on average last year.

so you heard Luton doesn't have a lot of arm strength hope your defensive backs think the same

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
so you heard Luton doesn't have a lot of arm strength hope your defensive backs think the same
I’m not worried about our secondary. They’re one of the best we’ve ever had. They’ll be fine. I’m more concerned with our DLine and linebackers. So, how confident are you in your running and short passing game?

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
Gundy will spend the first 4-5 possessions trying to figure out who should be the starter at QB. Those possessions will turn out to be empty scoring possessions. Those lost scoring opportunities will turn out to be costly as the Beavers will attack our untested and unproven defense with their running game all night and eat lots of clock.

Gundy will learn from his Central Michigan fiasco and ask the booth in NY, well after midnight on the east coast, to make a ruling on a game ending play. Refs rule in Pokes favor and win 24-23.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Gundy will spend the first 4-5 possessions trying to figure out who should be the starter at QB. Those possessions will turn out to be empty scoring possessions. Those lost scoring opportunities will turn out to be costly as the Beavers will attack our untested and unproven defense with their running game all night and eat lots of clock.

Gundy will learn from his Central Michigan fiasco and ask the booth in NY, well after midnight on the east coast, to make a ruling on a game ending play. Refs rule in Pokes favor and win 24-23.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Your receiving corps would be bottom 1/4 in the Big XII. Our secondary goes against one of the top receiving corps in the country every day. As said earlier, not worried about our secondary.

PontiacPoke717

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Pokes roll. Good opportunity to get our young DL some reps against a BAD OL. RB will cause us some fits, but we shouldn't have much issue getting some pressure.

Chuba and LD own the spotlight, while both QBs get a TD on the ground.

47-24 with a late junk TD by the beavs.