Cowgirls Softball: Blazer Classic Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Well crap....coming into this classic, Ive been over confident that we destroy Ole Miss. WOW....I’m stunned that we lost to them

With the Rajun Cajuns....ive been concern with them, just the fact they are a really good team.

We can not afford to give up these winnable games. Just too good to do that.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Cowgirls finish the Classic by going 2-2. A bit disappointing IMO when one of those “L” came via Ole Miss. If we would’ve lost to Louisiana both times instead....it would have been acceptable somewhat losing to a 10/11 ranked team twice....not losing to a team that only won ONE game coming in.

My prediction was 3-1. Disappointed with the classic but optimism that our Cowgirls can improve in certain areas.

Carrie Eberle is proving why she was the ACC Pitcher of the year last season at her former school. She hasn’t allowed an earned run in 33 IP. PLUS, she pitched her first career no-hitter against UAB.

On defense, Cowgirls needs to clean it up. Too many errors. If adding it correctly, Cowgirls has committed 15 errors in 12 games. Unacceptable with the talent on this team. It needs to improve or our Cowgirls expectation will fall short.

Hitting is a growing concern for me. Maybe my expectations is too high...when checking their batting stats, I see the Cowgirls are getting the bat on the ball but not seeing the ball clearly. As some of you know that been keeping up with this team...we are stranding too many runners in scoring position. We need the bats to come thru or the grey hairs that already taken over will fall(or pulled) out.

Next weekend, OSU/Tulsa invitational. Cowgirls home opener.

Dec 17, 2011
Maybe playing 4 games in 2 days is a bit rough. We might not have the depth to do so, I would love to see us in a regular 3 games series on how we do.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Need to find a solid #2 behind Eberle. I have hopes for the freshman to find her way.
Kelly Maxwell is showing to be our No. 2 . She is doing fairly well. At times she struggle with her youth but can’t fault her for when the defense behind her makes errors.

Logan Simunek is a lil puzzling to me. I thought she would step up big time. Not sure if she has a nagging injury or she can’t find her groove. We will need her to step up on down the road.

what has happen to Gabby Springs? I haven’t seen or heard anything bout her. Is she hurt Or in the doghouse? i have no idea.