1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

D. Williams Trial Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Men's BB Junkie, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Men's BB Junkie

Men's BB Junkie Cowboy

Does this unbelievably long process commence again today? What happened to fair and speedy trial? Hasn't this been almost two years?
  2. pokealum00

pokealum00 Cowboy

Friendly request to reserve the nickname "DWill" for the late Darrent Williams. Thanks.
  3. Jostate

Jostate Cowboy

That's part of the plea bargain being discussed.
    CPA Poke likes this.
  4. bacowboy

bacowboy Cowboy

5. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

I think they have already agreed to "DWilli".
    Jostate likes this.
  6. BeatOU

Staff A/V Subscriber BeatOU GGBTW

At least Holder got dismissed from jury duty after 3 hours of selection. :blink:
  7. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus Wrangler

Lol This is how the judicial system works
  8. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Cowboy

no such thing as fair and speed trial anymore lol. In fairness, William's defense team has requested about 3 delays on the this trial. So it's not the judicial system's fault.
  9. BeatOU

Staff A/V Subscriber BeatOU GGBTW

Strange scene early: I walked into the courtroom just before 9 a.m., saw Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder sitting front row and assumed he was there to support Williams. But when the judge asked any prospective jurors to raise their hand in oath, up went Holder. In a crazy and unlikely scenario, with one of his athletes up for trial, Holder was selected as part of the jury pool. He was never called up for questioning and it looks like he sorted the situation out during a recess and has been dismissed from duty. But still, what a strange occurrence.

http://blog.newsok.com/osu/2012/07/...-impressions-from-the-darrell-williams-trial/
  10. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus Wrangler

Someone had to be wanting to play a joke. The odds of this happening is ridiculous.
  11. OKCFan

OKCFan Wrangler

looks like he's been dismissed as a juror. but how weird would this be?

"-Strange scene early: I walked into the courtroom just before 9 a.m., saw Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder sitting front row and assumed he was there to support Williams. But when the judge asked any prospective jurors to raise their hand in oath, up went Holder. In a crazy and unlikely scenario, with one of his athletes up for trial, Holder was selected as part of the jury pool. He was never called up for questioning and it looks like he sorted the situation out during a recess and has been dismissed from duty. But still, what a strange occurrence."

http://blog.newsok.com/osu/2012/07/...-impressions-from-the-darrell-williams-trial/
  12. jetman

jetman Cowboy

I don't know about that. Sandusky went from being arrested in November to already convicted. That was fast.
  13. OStateMan

Banned OStateMan Banned

This may have been posted before, but I'm not going to go looking for it.

What are Darrell Williams chances of wearing orange on Eddie Sutton court if he is acquited?

Personally, I'd love to see him playing again AND acquited, but believe in the justice system to find the truth.

So many young men screw up (luckily I was NEVER caught) at this age partying in college.

At least he's not Sandusky.
  14. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Cowboy

I think he has a good chance of playing. However, I would say not being as bad as Sandusky is kind of a stupid saying because he committed probably the most heinous crime in sports history. Its kind of like saying its not like he is Ted Bundy...either way if he did any of the alleged actions purported then it is not good nor a good reflection on OSU.
    OKCFan likes this.
  15. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Wrangler

We will see him in orange in one way or the other I guess.... badum tss!
  16. OStateMan

Banned OStateMan Banned

D'oh!
  17. LS1 Z28

LS1 Z28 Cowboy

18. jcowboy

jcowboy Deputy

It would seem that the prosecuter is basing her case on circumstantial evidense.
  19. ProBonoPoke

ProBonoPoke Wrangler

Seems like mostly direct to me. A witness that said she saw Darrell put his hands down her friends pants is direct as is a witness saying he put his hands down my pants. Circumstantial is more of the defense. There were no clothes ripped, there were no doctors visits, there were no scratches or injuries. This leads to the conclusion that nothing happened, but isn't directly saying nothing happened.
    okstatecowboys10 likes this.
  20. JimBowie

JimBowie Wrangler

Stillwater News Press has been providing nice coverage on this case with considerable detail of witness testimony.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.