1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Dallas Mavericks 2011-2012 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Non-OSU Sports Discussion' started by OSUndefeated, Dec 25, 2011.

1. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

Who is saying that it is "almost certain"? I hope he will be, and think its a strong possibility, but isn't it a little early to be saying things are "almost certain"?
  2. bobisstoopid

bobisstoopid Wrangler

Here's the quote from Bill Simmons (Stephen A Smith echoed this recently):

Nobody feels sorry for [Deron Williams] because he ruined the last year of Jerry Sloan's career, and for that he remains in NBA Purgatory - at least until he signs with Dallas this summer. We're all supposed to pretend this might not happen even though it's a bigger summer lock than Michael Phelps winning a gold medal. I haven't talked to one person "In the Know" who isn't 100 percent convinced that Dallas is getting him. But let's all keep pretending this isn't true.
    CowboyFan15 and OSUndefeated like this.
  3. OSUTXRangers1

A/V Subscriber OSUTXRangers1 Swag Surfin

What bobisstoopid said, I've heard it from Simmons and Smith. I heard Bob Sterm talk about it for a good while about a week ago too. Probably could of used something besides "almost certain", but it was just the first phrase that ran through my mind at the time. Of course you never know what can happen before the trade deadline, but if March 15 comes around and nothing has happened I'd be really surprised not to see him in Dallas.
    OSUndefeated likes this.
  4. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

5. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

We suck all of the sudden. No offense, losing to horrid teams. A 9 man hornets team? What a joke. We better wake up
  6. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

Lamar Odom requested to be placed on the D-League team. LOL.

And yes, this is embarrassing. New Orleans is the worst team in the league at full strength, and they were missing key people tonight. Pitiful.
  7. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

8. OSUTXRangers1

I think the biggest problem isn't Odom's sorry ass, it's having West out. But still I'm a bit disappointed with the effort coming back from break, all 3 of the games so far are against teams the Mavs shouldn't of lost to.
  9. OSUTXRangers1

Much needed win tonight. For the most part they looked really good. Dirk with 40 in 28 minutes, and even Odom had a nice game coming back from whatever he was absent from.
    OSUndefeated likes this.
  10. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

Damn the Mavs are slippin. Lost another game they should have won. Time to pop in the 2011 playoffs to remember how to close.
  11. OSUTXRangers1

Thought they played well last night at least. More than anything I want them to get healthy and in shape for the post season, because they can play with every team in the league if they are. Last night sucked cause Haywood got hurt on the first play, if that doesn't happen I think they would of won.
  12. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

I won't be disappointed with anything this season. I know we won't go deep in the playoffs. I'm just really looking forward to next season. The possible addition of DWill and/or DHoward have me very excited for the future.
  13. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

Like osutx said we can play with anyone when we're healthy. I'm not willing to write off this season yet, but we are woefully inconsistent right now. Better make the playoffs first, the West is tough as usual.
  14. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

Mavs get a clutch win over The NY Lins 95-85.

Dirk.
  15. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

Loved the intensity from Dirk last night. Clutch.

Odom sucked. I've come to accept that fact that he just isn't very good. The only reason he was good at L.A. is because the system they ran was perfect for him. Yi is better than him. Not even mad anymore, just disappointed he didn't decide to man up and move on when he found out L.A. was dumping him. Big baby.
  16. OSUTXRangers1

Watching the first half of the Mavs-Suns game right now. Not quite sure who that guy wearing #7 for Dallas is. He is shooting good shots, rebounding, giving assist, and playing with energy and aggression. No way thats Lamar Odom right?
  17. OSUTXRangers1

Incredibly pathetic second half.
  18. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

Mavs continue to amaze by blowing yet another 2nd half lead

There is something wrong with this team.
  19. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

We just lost to Phoenix...
  20. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

Is it possible that Odom has negatively affected this locker room with his completely obvious apathy?