1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

David Gordon

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by bacowboy, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

I believe so.
  2. bacowboy

bacowboy Cowboy

Yes he had a scholarship so now we have another one to give. The bad thing is it leaves us short handed at CB next year and it may be to late to find a quality CB now.
  3. Rob B.

This is a bad deal, I really thought he would help shore up a weak position. I would be all for offering his ship to Ronnell as I think he has the skills to help at corner.
  4. bluecollahero

bluecollahero Cowboy

Well we wont be any more shorthanded next year than we are this year....Oh wait a minute. :D

I think we will be fine next year. I fully expect one of the current corners to develop in a big way(usually is a big jump in manhood from freshman to sophomore) and become a shut down corner. In this defense that is really all we need is someone to hold the fort on one side(like Talib did at KU) and roll our coverages over to the other.

Do we have any recruits right now that are worth that lost scholly this year or do we save it for next year or for a walkon?
  5. Rob B.

you mentioned the Jones kid in another thread, haven't seen any press on him, is he legit?
  6. StillvilleKid

StillvilleKid Cowboy

No, he wasn't doing what he needed to do on the practice field or in the weight room.
  7. bluecollahero

bluecollahero Cowboy

I think he is. He had good hips and was pretty fluid in the film I watched of him. He has really good plant and reaction and is not afraid to come up and be physical.

I think he could be a guy that could come in and play right away....really depends on how well the current freshmen develop.

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Gilbert and Jones in '12 and '13.
  8. Pepe' Le Poke

Pepe' Le Poke Wrangler

How does it leave us short handed next year?

We will lose Andrew McGee and gain Mikeatavius Jones. Everyone else will be a year older and a year more experienced. That's -1, +1, net 0 the last I checked.

:confused:
  9. Rob B.

I wouldn't leave Hedgepeth out of the picture, his name is rarely if ever mentioned, and for a true fish CB, that says a lot. :)
  10. LatinoPoke43

LatinoPoke43 Cowboy

I saw David Gordon today at the market he knew one of my friends that I was with at the time and explanied his situation.. He came here from Arkansas on a short leash for the drug bust. Then he failed a drug test here, after that happened his father told him he was coming home and might possibly have to get a "real" job. He said he wasn't even getting to work out on the two-a days earlier.. So if he wants to be a part of the team next year he was going to have to pay for it himself because he was losing his scholly.. Feel bad for the kid he has some real talent. He had that type of speed and athletic ability you can't coach but he came here with the mindset that since he was redshirting regardless he was gonna goof off grade wise and weight room wise...
  11. Rob B.

WOW! The 84 intuition strikes again!
  12. swamppoke

A/V Subscriber swamppoke faster than a speeding building.

well.............good for you.....bad for us......hoorah.:(:rolleyes:
  13. OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber OrangeAggie Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

So, the dude gets a second chance, has everything handed to him on a silver platter, and he screws it up by goofing off on the field, in the classroom, and by doing drugs, but you "feel bad for the kid"?? :confused:
  14. BigOrange

BigOrange Cowboy

Who are you to make that statement. You must be real close to the program. You are I'm sure in the know and do sidelines on radio, have your own show, and must know more than Robert Allen. Maybe you are the joke.
  15. canno

canno Wrangler

Correct. He obviously was outside the circle.