Defense

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
"Their D-line, I thought, did a good job," Rypien said. "You don't want to get into third-and-long against that defense."

I am so happy to see an opposing QB say this. When we get teams into 3rd and long, it has historically made me think “We have them right where they want us.”

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
The D kicked ass. RA said Knowles was having a bit of a pep rally st halftime as good as they were. I loved GS as a man but Knowles is a stud. Makes adjustments before halftime and brings the house.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
The D kicked ass. RA said Knowles was having a bit of a pep rally st halftime as good as they were. I loved GS as a man but Knowles is a stud. Makes adjustments before halftime and brings the house.
I am so proud of this defense. I have never seen this level of energy and beast mode effort out of an osu team. I will take this defense schematically over any past defense.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Yea but how long will we be able to keep him around?
Gonna depend on how good he is. We know he's pretty good, looks like better than what we've had for a long time. But we've still gotta play a whole season of Big 12 offenses. If we managed to be the #1 defense in the Big 12, might not be for long. After one big boy game it's way too early to tell.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I am so proud of this defense. I have never seen this level of energy and beast mode effort out of an osu team. I will take this defense schematically over any past defense.
I mentioned it in the game thread but we had a game against Nebraska in the early 80's where they were being discussed (mostly by Nebraska fans) as possibly the best college team ever. We blitzed and stunted like crazy and battled them like they did not see coming. I think it was 7-3 at half and we lost 14 - 10 with us throwing bombs at the end. That defense was similar to yesterday.

The Nebraska game the next year was solid too with the famous quote by Pat when we went into halftime ahead 3 - 0.

Last edited:

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Gonna depend on how good he is. We know he's pretty good, looks like better than what we've had for a long time. But we've still gotta play a whole season of Big 12 offenses. If we managed to be the #1 defense in the Big 12, might not be for long. After one big boy game it's way too early to tell.
True we saw a great game or two from Spencer...cough cough TCU. I think the thing that makes knowles WAY better is the fact that he is able to make adjustments in game with tons of coverage changes. He is incredible from that standpoint. I think he truly is one of the best DC we have had in a long long long time. He is intelligent and creative. It’s hard to find a coach to execute the type of coverage changes he did against Boise state. He was doing things a level higher than clay, Spencer, and Young could even dream of doing . He is big time