Did he really say that

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2009
That's a church-league kickball program... Sunday afternoons... and there's nothing wrong with backups and 3rd stringers. You never know when that big ol' ball will bounce wrong.

Feb 28, 2007
If corn dog plays every snap in every game for the rest of the year, Gundy needs to have his head examined. This is the best opportunity to take advantage of the new redshirt rule. Not just at quarterback but at every position.

Nov 18, 2011
I actually feel sorry for Cornelius. Gundy has left him out there to be the whipping boy, only to try and protect himself from being proven wrong yet again. The “corn dog” year will not be fondly remembered.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
The announcer really said he thinks corndig has a chance to play on sundays. For what the old man YMCA flag football league???
No. He said Corndog would get a chance at the next level. He did not say he would be playing on Sundays. I'm sure he'll get an invite to a training camp as a free agent. That however, is probably as far as it would go.

May 10, 2016
Locust Grove
what are you guys thinking he will get a chance at the next level?? you know how hard it is??? how many quality college starters do not even get a sniff. He will not get a call from an NFL team. Guys who are backups are like Brandon weeden, Landry Jones. Corndog is unfortunately not close to those guys skill level.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
what are you guys thinking he will get a chance at the next level?? you know how hard it is??? how many quality college starters do not even get a sniff. He will not get a call from an NFL team. Guys who are backups are like Brandon weeden, Landry Jones. Corndog is unfortunately not close to those guys skill level.
He has the size. In the NFL they actually provide some protection for the quarterbacks so someone might take a chance on him.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Here's my thing, generally speaking, I'd agree with you, but I think back to last season and Josh Allen...who SUCKED as a college QB...and honestly, I think anything is possible. The same goes for Ryan Tannehill, or the dude from Washington who everyone was crazy about a few seasons ago.

Edit: Jake Locker. They were so high on this guy. Now where's he at?

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Here's my thing, generally speaking, I'd agree with you, but I think back to last season and Josh Allen...who SUCKED as a college QB...and honestly, I think anything is possible. The same goes for Ryan Tannehill, or the dude from Washington who everyone was crazy about a few seasons ago.

Edit: Jake Locker. They were so high on this guy. Now where's he at?
He is right before the at.

Status
Not open for further replies.