1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Did we just lose a home baseball series to Houston?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by bacowboy, Mar 18, 2012.

1. prongATO

prongATO Wrangler

And went 1-4 combined. Two and out in the regional. (Belmont and Troy).

I'm still hoping this years team gels middle/end of the season. We've experienced some pretty huge collapses towards the latter half of the season under FA. Here's hoping that changes this year.

2011 2-8 in the last 10 games including post season
    2010 3-7 in the last 10, no big XII tournament or regional. Very sad season
    2009 5-5 including post season

I see a trend, and I don't like it.
  2. MindAflame

A/V Subscriber MindAflame Lurking. Screwed.

Yes, that's why we didn't win a title under Ward. Because we never had to beat good pitching until we got to the CWS, or to the title game, or however else you want to spin it.

Incredible that after all these years people still use this bellyache.

Of course, we've been to the CWS 19 times in total and only won it once, but, hey, I'm sure there's a pat answer for that as well. Stanford has been 16 times and only won twice. Wonder what their problem is. Texas has been 34 times and won 6. Clemson has been 12 times and has never taken the title. Florida State has been 20 times and never taken the title. OU has only gone 10 times and has won it twice, and oh don't we remember the OSU fans whining and moaning about that 1994 title, and how awful it was that we couldn't do the same. (Of course we remember, as some of our fans are still whining about it.) We've still got the sixth most wins in Omaha despite not having been back there in this century.

But, gosh, we just couldn't hit good pitching.

We routinely slogged our way through a long regular season, a conference tournament and regionals, taking on all comers, to earn our ticket to Omaha to face the other 7 best teams in the nation, all of which had to claw their way through the same process, all of which had demonstrated their relative prowess, and all but one of which would go home empty-handed.

But we just couldn't hit good pitching, that's all that there was, mmmm-hrm.
    OstatePokes likes this.
  3. prongATO

prongATO Wrangler

Don't forget the 1990, I think it was that season, championship against Georgia. We had no losses and they had one but they'd just moved to a "one game championship game" for TV that year. The umpires confiscated out team's bats before that game. Gave no reason why and never saw them again. I think the final score was like 2-1 or 1-0.

GW teams could hit great pitching all day long. The ONLY pitchers I ever saw them have problems with were junk pitchers.
    OstatePokes likes this.
  4. cowboyfanatic

A/V Subscriber cowboyfanatic Wrangler

I think one of the most frustrating things with FA is the odd offensive coaching changes he makes. Why did we pinch hit with a guy who has no at bats in a crucial point in the game? I understand why we would pinch hit, just not the player he chose.
  5. orangepower317

orangepower317 Deputy

Exactly, if the kid is all of the sudden showing promise in practice, give him a good 3-5 at bats in a mid week game and let him work his way up from there. Throwing him out there to pinch hit in the Big 12 opening series was just dumb....