Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Trump is a liberal. He is going to spend like a Democrat. That's who he is. I was with my brother and a bunch of my old friends in OKC in the summer of 2016. We were talking about the election. This was before the convention, and before Trump had locked up the nomination. They were all MAGA. I asked them what Trump was going to do to fix the federal spending problem. Blank looks. Trump is a liberal. He is not a conservative. Right now, there isn't a conservative party. The Republican party ceased to be conservative when a presidential candidate (McCain) stood up in a debate and suggested taking $350B of federal money and paying down the principal on bad house loans.

The thing that really needs to happen is to reduce and eliminate the social spending. But it is political suicide, you get "throw grandma off the cliff" videos if you even try to fix it.
You do realize every budget Trump has proposed included pretty big spending cuts to balance the budget over 10 or 15 years. He can't control what congress does to his budget proposals after he sends them. His 2021 budget once again has proposals in it to balance the budget over 15 years.

https://abcnews.go.com/politics/pre...-budget-proposal-calls-cuts/story?id=68884449

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
You do realize every budget Trump has proposed included pretty big spending cuts to balance the budget over 10 or 15 years. He can't control what congress does to his budget proposals after he sends them. His 2021 budget once again has proposals in it to balance the budget over 15 years.

https://abcnews.go.com/politics/pre...-budget-proposal-calls-cuts/story?id=68884449
So, he was able to SPEND money that congress would not allocate to build the idiot wall but he just has no ability at all to pressure them to cut spending? You have become an apologist.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
So, he was able to SPEND money that congress would not allocate to build the idiot wall but he just has no ability at all to pressure them to cut spending? You have become an apologist.
What exactly do you propose he do to pressure Nancy and Chuck. Have to have 60 votes in the Senate to implement the spending bills.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
What exactly do you propose he do to pressure Nancy and Chuck. Have to have 60 votes in the Senate to implement the spending bills.
IT isn't my job to propose his maneuvers for him. How did he get his wall without the votes? He worked around it because he cared. He doesn't care about this so he put out a future budget that will obviously be denied then says, "See, I tried" Because, as RX said, he is a liberal. A liberal that you have fallen in love with, but still a liberal.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
IT isn't my job to propose his maneuvers for him. How did he get his wall without the votes? He worked around it because he cared. He doesn't care about this so he put out a future budget that will obviously be denied then says, "See, I tried" Because, as RX said, he is a liberal. A liberal that you have fallen in love with, but still a liberal.
In hindsight I'd rather have a President Cruz. Although I have no problem with all the disruption Trump is causing in DC. That town needs a serious shake up.