Early Flowrestling NCAA Rankings are Out

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Flo put out their pre-season rankings.

For OSU…

Team Rank: #7

125 - UR (we don’t know who is going here so, fair)
133 - Daton Fix - #2
141 - Kaid Brock - #7
149 - Boo Lewallen - #4
157 - Wyatt Sheets - #9
165 - Travis Wittlake - #6
174 - UR (assuming Plott goes here after the Scuffle. Flo doesn’t rank true freshmen in preseason)
184 - Anthony Montalvo - #11
197 - Dakota Geer - #14 (low… but not surprising based on his performance in 19-20)
285 - UR (not sure who will go here… assuming Streck, who hasn’t wrestled in two years)

In the p4p rankings, Daton Fix is the highest rated 133… might be an oversight by Spey. I don’t really understand why he put Rivera above Daton in his rankings in the first place. Granted we all kind of feel that Daton is going to go 125.

Top 10 for team rankings is as follows:
#1 - Iowa
#2 - Cornell
#3 - Michigan
#4 - Northwestern
#5 - Penn State
#6 - NC State
#7 - Ok State
#8 - Nebraska
#9 - Iowa State
#10 - Ohio State

The gap in theoretical points between #1 and #2 is 44.5 points. The gap between #4 and #10 is 11 points. Flo overrates Cornell, Michigan, and Northwestern because they all have guys that have a lot of junior international success, or in Michigan’s case has guy’s on Olympic teams for countries that only exist due to the mercy of Napoleon. The top 4 will probably work out as Iowa, Penn State, Oklahoma State, and Ohio State as it has forever. Although I would love to see Cornell and NC State do well.

cowboyfanatic

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2010
oklahoma city, OK
I’m interested to see how things shake out up top. Ferrari vs Geer, if Ferrari is better does Geer bump taco down to 174? Or is Geer sit his senior year? Would be nice if we had a stronger option at hwt too.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I’m interested to see how things shake out up top. Ferrari vs Geer, if Ferrari is better does Geer bump taco down to 174? Or is Geer sit his senior year? Would be nice if we had a stronger option at hwt too.
On Ferrari / Geer... Ferrari will get his shot. I imagine he will be redshirting until the Scuffle and then we will see what happens.

I think Taco is the guy at 184 regardless.

I'm pretty sure that Plott will be the guy at 174... but there is a rumbling out there that I cannot disclose any information on about a transfer that might give us a title contender at 174 that will be a one year filler so Plott can redshirt.

Streck will be a solid starter at heavyweight while Doucet goes on the bulk plan. He's already a two time NCAA qualifier and walks around at 270 or so. He's a big, big dude that most of his competitors will struggle to get to a leg on... much less take down. Will he be a finalist? Probably not. Will he be an AA? It's not unrealistic to believe it's possible... just haven't seen him wrestle much.

Ferrari is not going to be a heavyweight. I think that's something that people really need to let go of. He's more likely to go 184 than he is to go heavyweight.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
there is no question in my mind Fix at 125, Brock at 133 with Hone/G at 141 gives us our best possible lineup next year
100%. We need Fix to go 125... and more so we need Brock to go 133. It's where he is best and I think that he's a guaranteed top 5 guy at 133.

At 141 we could see one of the redshirts from last year take that spot if G isn't back and if they can beat Hone. I love me some Dusty Hone... but his offense needs work.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
There's rumblings of Evan Wick from Wisconsin could be a candidate to transfer here. Some of speculated Valencia from ASU. Of course these are coming from multiple forums.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2014
There's rumblings of Evan Wick from Wisconsin could be a candidate to transfer here. Some of speculated Valencia from ASU. Of course these are coming from multiple forums.
my God getting Wick here at 174 would be a game changer by adding a top 4 caliber guy at 174 to this lineup. I find the younger Valencia to be blah even though I believe he was ranked higher than Z coming out of high school

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Have you guys seen Brock lately. He has been working out and put on a lot of muscle. I would be extremely surprised if he goes 133.
I’m not in Stillwater and don’t know anybody in the program. Just speculating based on what I think would be best for the team. Getting him at 133 and Fix at 125 would, at this view, give OSU the best lineup top to bottom and compete with Iowa from 125-165 for sure.

And on that Wick rumor, I don’t think that’s necessarily it. He would probably want to go 165, forcing Wittlake up to 174 (although theoretically Wittlake could take an Olympic redshirt).

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Rivals and PFB...more from rivals. They have a message board called “34 and counting”. There’s some well informed posters on that board regarding wrestling. Only good thing about PFB is Seth Duckworth, by far the most plugged in guy regarding OSU wrestling.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I bookmarked Seth Duckworth's twitter a long time ago since he seems to know a lot about what is happening
inside oSu Wrestling. I don't remember him giving any false or mistaken information.

I also appreciate his military service to our nation.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I bookmarked Seth Duckworth's twitter a long time ago since he seems to know a lot about what is happening
inside oSu Wrestling. I don't remember him giving any false or mistaken information.

I don't have Twitter but check his daily just to see what may be going on. I met him at George's before the bedlam dual a couple of years ago. Heck of a nice guy too. @Seth25809er

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

Seth's the best thing to happen to OSU Wrestling since 2006.