VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Well Trump showed great restraint tonight...I think his people had a buzzer connected to him under clothing and zapped him lightly when they thought he might interrupt Biden (ha)...lots of lies though...agree with snuffy in that I am voting Democrat this time, hopefully get two better candidates in '24...Biden seems to lose his train of thought at times, but hell, so do I, and I'm in my 50's...at least they didn't embarrass America tonight.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Looks like Pennsylvania and Ohio will be gone. Texas never was. Minnesota is teetering with Wisconsin. Biden has a tough road ahead now

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
You mean his incredible net worth after leaving office? That happens when you can get $500,000 for a 30 minute speech. While in office, his book sales shot through the roof. I thikn he made like 15 million off of them. That's a lot of dough for a guy whose senate salary was under 300k. I guess he was kind of a big deal for some people who wanted to read his books.

Speaking of books, you know what's funny? mary trump wrote a book that was published this year and it already sold more copies than donny trump's art of the deal in just 1 week. lol.
No, it was 30x while in office
You mean his incredible net worth after leaving office? That happens when you can get $500,000 for a 30 minute speech. While in office, his book sales shot through the roof. I thikn he made like 15 million off of them. That's a lot of dough for a guy whose senate salary was under 300k. I guess he was kind of a big deal for some people who wanted to read his books.

Speaking of books, you know what's funny? mary trump wrote a book that was published this year and it already sold more copies than donny trump's art of the deal in just 1 week. lol.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Armed men set up tent at Florida polling station. Claim they work for private security and were hired by the Trump Campaign

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1319330271414669314
Looks to be a miscommunication. The security guard was off duty and talking to a friend and had no connection with those under the tent. This the only armed person there was not poll watching.
Security firm released a statement.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
He actually called Never Trumper Republicans human scum...
His press secretary doubled down when asked about the "Never Trumper Republicans are scum" thing with this. It opens the term to anyway working against him.

“The people who are against him and who have been against him and working against him since the day they took office are just that,” Grisham said during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” Thursday morning. “It is horrible that people are working against a president who’s delivering results for this country and has been since day one.”

He also called the FBI invesigators scum.

"And the FBI also sent multiple undercover human spies to surveil and record people associated with our campaign." Trump said. "Look how they've hurt people. They've destroyed the lives of people that were great people. That are still great people. Their lives have been destroyed by scum, ok? By scum."

He also called Schiff and anyone supporting the impeachment queries human scum.

"Corrupt politician Adam Schiff’s lies are growing by the day. Keep fighting tough, Republicans, you are dealing with human scum who have taken Due Process and all of the Republican Party’s rights away from us during the most unfair hearings in American History......"
So career politicians and government bureaucrats that are there for power and don't care about the American people are scum?

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So career politicians and government bureaucrats that are there for power and don't care about the American people are scum?

NeverTrumpers.
Probably would put me on that list, but whatever.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1187063301731209220?s=21

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Look at any great leader in the midst of crises and you will see they have a common theme. They were able to UNITE their country, face reality, and give them hope to overcome. You can’t skip the first two actions in order to take a shortcut to #3. Trump has tried the Norman Vincent Peale approach. We have needed Churchill.
Agree with alot of what you're saying, but you're also telling half of the story here.

He never had any ability to 'UNITE' the country. Remember how 'racist' the Chinese travel ban was? Remember members of the opposition party urging people to celebrate the Chinese New Year? Remember how Democratic debates were happening at that time? Remember how Trump was gonna impose Martial Law, because he's such a tyrant & dictator?

The notion that 'if he'd have just done this, or that' is absolute folly & armchair QBing at it's finest.

I'm not even remotely suggesting that he's some great 'uniter' either. There was zero climate for unity.

Last edited:

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Says the guy who will not shut up yet wants us to believe it in no way affects him.
You are an irony machine.

Let's see if I can explain this on your level.

1. Each time you post to claim that I "can't quit posting," you by definition can't quit posting. It makes me chuckle when I read it. I'm sure you will respond to complain about me responding again. The message board cycle of life, lol.
2. YOU were the one that made the pedantic response to him. I pointed it out. To claim that I am sensitized by his statement because I pointed out your response is well, consistent with your typical level of logic but not real logical for anyone else.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
My hope is we get Biden for the next four years and then he doesn’t run in 2024 and we can have a can a chance for better candidate on both sides.
The problem with that is that we Would also likely get a Democrat’ senate which means the morons will try to “fix” things by raising taxes which always screws things up ironically. I don’t want the feds trying to fix anything except the military and foreign policy. The states And private sector are designed to fix All the other things.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Probably not. Half the nation has voted already. Everyone has made up their mind. This election depends on turnout which in this year is the biggest wildcard.
The idea that people that would see oil policy as the primary deciding factor are sitting at home undecided watching the last debate is pretty unrealistic.

Oct 30, 2007
The idea that people that would see oil policy as the primary deciding factor are sitting at home undecided watching the last debate is pretty unrealistic.
We'll see. There are almost 10 million jobs in the oil & natural gas industry, and many of these jobs are concentrated in a handful of states. Biden's comments about moving away from this industry and becoming carbon neutral by 2030 could end up losing him these states. They could mobilize apathetic voters that weren't planning to vote.

This probably wasn't a smart move by Biden. He's tried hard to convince people that he isn't against fracking, but that doesn't matter much if he plans to move away from the industry over the next 5-10 years.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
We'll see. There are almost 10 million jobs in the oil & natural gas industry, and many of these jobs are concentrated in a handful of states. Biden's comments about moving away from this industry and becoming carbon neutral by 2030 could end up losing him these states. They could mobilize apathetic voters that weren't planning to vote.

This probably wasn't a smart move by Biden. He's tried hard to convince people that he isn't against fracking, but that doesn't matter much if he plans to move away from the industry over the next 5-10 years.
2030? I thought he kept saying 2025. Just over 4 years from now.

Oct 30, 2007
2030? I thought he kept saying 2025. Just over 4 years from now.
I've heard him say 2025, 2030, 2035, & 2050. He's all over the map on this subject. I'm not even sure that he cares that much about it. He may just be saying what he thinks he needs to say to energize voters that are motivated by climate change.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

I'm trying to think of people I have met in the O&G industry that would be potential Biden voters and I can't really think of any. Heck, my own mother, who is pretty liberal on most issues, worked in the industry for 30 years and would never consider voting for a dem. I'm sure there are some, but I just think it would be because that isn't their reason for voting. I guess as you said, we will see.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I've heard him say 2025, 2030, 2035, & 2050. He's all over the map on this subject. I'm not even sure that he cares that much about it. He may just be saying what he thinks he needs to say to energize voters that are motivated by climate change.
I doubt he has a clue what he really thinks. He’s just regurgitating whatever texts he was getting on his Apple Watch.