VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Tweeting this crap and posting it here is hilarious; I guess we're not much better than twitter now. Three seconds of searching shows Biden is going to Georgia on Tuesday.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news...stops/85-b3d99f1d-0be7-4b54-8308-e13f3f44fc18

And no one will remember how wrong this tweet was, they'll just keep reposting new garbage - both the left and the right. The more outrageous the lie, the more the masses will eat it up.

Ya'll have lost your damned minds. Everyone bemoans the fact that we're running turd sandwich against giant douche... but the American people are getting exactly what we deserve in the quality of our candidates.
Biden also making 2 stops in Florida on Thursday

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So COVID will disappear after the election..COVID is a fake News conspiracy ? ?? HAHA

https://twitter.com/ChrisKPolansky/status/1320712369698459649
Well in Oklahoma specifically we increased our counting method on the day after labor day and didn't adjust old numbers...How is that not a change that will make things look worse, than compared to the past, than they are? Seriously...explain to me scientifically how that works, because comparisons of numbers mean nothing when the rules of counting are changed.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I did a simple google search and found that several other states started adding probable cases about the same time as Oklahoma. Arizona and Alabama among several others. How do we not know this nationally and why do we keep touting increases rather than explain the reasons behind them in the media? No matter a persons politics this is just factual information that should be included and highlighted...UNLESS your main objective is to scare the masses and cause a reaction politically in an election year under the gise and partial truth of public health concern.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
I did a simple google search and found that several other states started adding probable cases about the same time as Oklahoma. Arizona and Alabama among several others. How do we not know this nationally and why do we keep touting increases rather than explain the reasons behind them in the media? No matter a persons politics this is just factual information that should be included and highlighted...UNLESS your main objective is to scare the masses and cause a reaction politically in an election year under the gise and partial truth of public health concern.
One of my friends tested negative but was advised by the health department that she was being counted as "presumptive positive" despite her negative test.

This is why people are fed up with it.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Well in Oklahoma specifically we increased our counting method on the day after labor day and didn't adjust old numbers...How is that not a change that will make things look worse, than compared to the past, than they are? Seriously...explain to me scientifically how that works, because comparisons of numbers mean nothing when the rules of counting are changed.
Counting was not a Media change. It was a state change...so did the State of Oklahoma change the way it reports, just to make Trump look bad? The media just reported on it. And despite those changes the % of those tests coming back positive has not changed and still has consistently been between 8 and 10% positive rate in Oklahoma before and after the changes. They are showing more Positive test for the simple fact, there are more positive tests.

Sep 22, 2011
I have gone back and forth on this, and honestly cant wait until the results come in and will probably stay up all night watching the results on the 3rd out of morbid curiosity, but at this point I cannot shake the sneaking suspicion that the pollsters have it all wrong again and when it comes down to it a bunch of republicans will hold their nose, put on their jersey and carry trump to victory in enough key states to win. I also think that inner city black turnout will be down again, as biden is a terrible candidate.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I have gone back and forth on this, and honestly cant wait until the results come in and will probably stay up all night watching the results on the 3rd out of morbid curiosity, but at this point I cannot shake the sneaking suspicion that the pollsters have it all wrong again and when it comes down to it a bunch of republicans will hold their nose, put on their jersey and carry trump to victory in enough key states to win. I also think that inner city black turnout will be down again, as biden is a terrible candidate.
Are we going to have the results on the 3rd? I thought some states were given a couple of extra days.

Aug 16, 2012
Case in point. Hunter Biden is not a saint but the way the Q people have tried to destroy his reputation is repulsive. I'm sure he used his name to make money but an accusation of being a pedophile (when the alt right is really pushing child trafficking as an issue for the base)? I mean seriously. Do people actually buy this stuff?

It's like with Trump and Epstein. Yeah they were buddies but when Trump found out what he was up to he was repulsed. As someone who wouldn't vote for Trump as dog catcher I can buy that. If slate drops a bombshell with unidentified sources saying Trump was all up in the island I'm gonna be skeptical. It interesting that people who desperately want dirt on someone who really hasn't been associated with a scandal during 50 years of public service are so happy to jump on one now.
Nicholas Sandman would like to say "Hi" to all his friends on the left.

Aug 16, 2012
One of my friends tested negative but was advised by the health department that she was being counted as "presumptive positive" despite her negative test.

This is why people are fed up with it.
Wife got tested last week because someone at the office was positive and was told she was going to be reported as probable.

Test came back negative.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I guess we don't care all that much.
Not to sound nagging, but you should. The FBI has labeled QAnon a threat to our national security. That’s why it was not believable when Trump claimed he knew nothing about it.
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1316896147806572545?s=21

I'm not voting for great leadership, I'm voting for leadership that is going to get out of my way.
It’s interesting to see this narrative change. If that’s what you’re voting for, you should vote for Jo.

So we, mostly, don't care about some QAnon conspiracy theory label crap that means nothing to us.
But you do care about BLM and Antifa? Interesting. Once again, it’s a national security threat.

As far as pushing for heard immunity, is that NOT what we all will need eventually, and a vaccine is a big part of that process?
Atlas isn’t waiting for a vaccine. This is the ignorance (not stupidity) I am talking about. I think there are a lot of Republicans who would be concerned if they took a closer look at Scott Atlas and his recommendations.
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1320329024128823298?s=21

Once again, no matter who wins the election...life goes on, and I'm little effected...hopefully.
Once again, life will NOT go on for 230,000+ Americans. If they follow Atlas’ recommendations (which indications are that they will) MANY thousand more Americans will die needlessly. Fauci has already said so. As a parent of an immunocompromised child, this is unnerving. Praying (literally) that we do not go down that dark path.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I was staring to wonder if that would happen and then I saw this and I’m not sure what will happen.
https://twitter.com/usatoday/status/1320689131438092290?s=21

Sep 22, 2011
Wife got tested last week because someone at the office was positive and was told she was going to be reported as probable.

Test came back negative.
if I have learned anything about the response to covid it is that tests/masks/distancing doesnt matter when you are caught up in contact tracing. there is no way to prove that you can go back to work for my company or my wifes school

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Unfortunately it is happening quite heavily on both sides but as usual, people's biases will only let them see the side they want to see.
I have no doubt you are right. As a Republican voting for Biden, I see it. It’s challenging to bring that kind of balance to this thread. A lot of folks here are buying the Fox News/AON/Trump narrative.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX

There was an interview with Charlemagne Tha God (last week I think) and he was talking about young African Americans (18-29) supporting Trump...35% I think. He said the Trump org was the only campaign targeting younger African Americans and it was going to pay off in votes.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Everyone keeps talking about "Swing voters" as if that unicorn is still out there. I find it hard to believe there are a significant number of those this time.

The whole thing still boils down to whether or not a candidate motivates their casual supporters to go vote. There are a lot of people who would pick one way or the other if you put them on the spot but they don't care enough to go vote. You don't need 51% of the American people to vote for you. All electoral debates aside, it takes about 66 million votes to become president. That means if you can motivate less than 1 in 3 adult citizens to vote for you that's far more than enough.

That's where both Obama and Trump are similar in that a fair chunk of the populace had a strong opinion about them.

As you point out Biden has the same problem Hillary had that the minority voters just aren't that excited. Romney had the same problem in that the Republicans count on a evangelical block the way the Democrats count on a minority block. Many Christians preferred Romney but just didn't care enough to go vote.

Biden doesn't have many people really excited about voting for him, but there are a lot of people really excited about voting against Trump. This isn't Biden against Trump it's, anyone but Trump against Trump. There is a chunk of people who would jump off a cliff for Trump and there is a similar size chunk of people who would jump off a cliff for anyone but Trump.

Prepare for the losing side to cry foul and blame the refs and prepare for the winning side to act like they cured the covid in the next 6 months.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I have no doubt you are right. As a Republican voting for Biden, I see it. It’s challenging to bring that kind of balance to this thread. A lot of folks here are buying the Fox News/AON/Trump narrative.
The fact you continue to say you are a Republican is really humorous. Are you registered Republican? No Republican I know would knowingly vote for the Democrat agenda ever... It's not logical to vote for that agenda. I know 100's of Republicans personally...maybe one of them is voting for Biden, but I think he's just going to abstain from voting.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
if I have learned anything about the response to covid it is that tests/masks/distancing doesnt matter when you are caught up in contact tracing. there is no way to prove that you can go back to work for my company or my wifes school
Contact tracing is some scary BS...good luck with that. So sorry it's happening to you.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There's been quite a few Republicans endorse Joe Biden.
Yep some RINO's who don't like Trumps personality and judge that to be more important than policy and agenda. IMHO, they end their careers and most of the parties respect for them by abounding the agenda, the senate, and the platform all because of someone's personality who happens to win with that personality. They are voting against Trump...lol with their "endorsements."