VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
What about citizens in cities that fringe elements attempted to burn and where their "leadership" has shut them down? Look, I didn't say I'm right...just reporting what I'm seeing.
You don't live in the cities where those events happened, nor do you know anyone who has been affected. You don't have an idea of what those people think. This is pure conjecture.

I do live in one of those cities, and there isn't a big backlash where I am at.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yours says you live in a liberal part of the world with a very very liberal voting base...the entire country votes. We will have to see...but don't doubt me that this is a VERY motivated Trump voter...just as motivated as the anti Trump voters...Btw, there are very very few Biden voters.
There's all kinds of voters, but only 2 candidates. Kanye, wait, Trump & Biden.

There's a tier of Biden voters that are voting for Harris, in essence.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You don't live in the cities where those events happened, nor do you know anyone who has been affected. You don't have an idea of what those people think. This is pure conjecture.

I do live in one of those cities, and there isn't a big backlash where I am at.
I assume you live in the Boston MA area (987)...I have no idea on your areas except for it's nearly always a Dem voting block.

However, I have a nephew in his late 30's in Portland who has never voted but is so sick of what is going on that he's highly motivated...I can't imagine people in Minneapolis wouldn't be motivated and pissed off about rioters burning down some downtown areas. Same with Michigan and Pennsylvania with what has been going on in Philly in the past week. That doesn't even mention those who are pissed off about their businesses being shuttered by the authorities due to Covid.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Yours says you likely live in a liberal part of the world with a very very liberal voting base, so you are just as biased by your surroundings and your media as I am by my surroundings...the entire country votes. We will have to see...but don't doubt me that this is a VERY motivated Trump vote that I'm seeing...just as motivated as the anti Trump voters...Btw, there are very few true Biden voters.
The difference between us is that I don't live in an echo chamber. My friends are diverse in their political ideologies, my parents are very conservative as is quite a bit of my family. I have a lot of family in oklahoma, and they are very conservative. The variety of perspectives absolutely has an effect on my worldview.

Voter turnout suggests that voters want something to happen. High voter turnout historically favors the dems.

Mar 11, 2006
Stossel continues to be gold. We have very few honest journalists - we need more John Stossels.
Here is a fantastic view of bias in the MSM. Obviously not shocking to anyone paying attention, but a great overview about bias during the election.
https://twitter.com/johnstossel/status/1322274577024753669?s=21

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The difference between us is that I don't live in an echo chamber. My friends are diverse in their political ideologies, my parents are very conservative as is quite a bit of my family. I have a lot of family in oklahoma, and they are very conservative. The variety of perspectives absolutely has an effect on my worldview.

Voter turnout suggests that voters want something to happen. High voter turnout historically favors the dems.
I don't live in an eco chamber either...I work in the inner city...I work with only minorities. But I do live in Oklahoma so I have a very conservative point of view. I don't know what will happen...but I don't see why this as being anything close to "historical" in the way it is unfolding. Once again...I have no idea who will win, but I just have a weird feeling it's going to be very sad for a lot of people who live and breath this stuff for a living. America likes a fighter and an underdog...they aren't big on negativity 24/7...I just think it's stacking up like a crazy crazy night. We will see...I'm semi hopeful, far moreso than in 2016, but who really knows.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Stossel continues to be gold. We have very few honest journalists - we need more John Stossels.
Here is a fantastic view of our biased the MSM is. Obviously not shocking to anyone paying attention, but a great overview about bias during the election.
https://twitter.com/johnstossel/status/1322274577024753669?s=21
Check out his column in the feel good thread.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver

I don't live in an eco chamber either...I work in the inner city...I work with only minorities. But I do live in Oklahoma so I have a very conservative point of view. I don't know what will happen...but I don't see why this as being anything close to "historical" in the way it is unfolding. Once again...I have no idea who will win, but I just have a weird feeling it's going to be very sad for a lot of people who live and breath this stuff for a living. America likes a fighter and an underdog...they aren't big on negativity 24/7...I just think it's stacking up like a crazy crazy night. We will see...I'm semi hopeful, far moreso than in 2016, but who really knows.
Ah yes, the billionaire from family money, silver spoon, big city, incumbent underdog. The GOP dream.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Ah yes, the billionaire from family money, silver spoon, big city, incumbent underdog. The GOP dream.
You walk into an ice cream store...
You ask for Vanilla because you think it's clean and pure...and by far your favorite

The woman at the counter says we don't have plain Vanilla but we do have two flavors...
Vanilla with raisins OR
Vanilla with rat poison

I don't like my options at all...but one option is FAR worse than the other which, and if I'm gonna eat, makes raisins my only choice...btw, if I choose not to eat because of my liking only pure vanilla...then I'm forced to eat rat poison by default.
Easy choice

Btw, not mine...it's from a good friend.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Things going swimmingly at Team Biden. And this has nothing to do with those pesky Professionally Verified emails...

https://twitter.com/AndrewHClark/status/1322280516683522049?s=20

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You walk into an ice cream store...
You ask for Vanilla because you think it's clean and pure...and by far your favorite

The woman at the counter says we don't have plain Vanilla but we do have two flavors...
Vanilla with raisins OR
Vanilla with rat poison

I don't like my options at all...but one option is FAR worse than the other which, and if I'm gonna eat, makes raisins my only choice...btw, if I choose not to eat I end up with rat poison.
Easy choice

Btw, not mine...it's from a good friend.
Well the obvious problem here is that vanilla is your favorite, in a wide wide world of ice cream options.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The Senate races are huge. Don't care which party it is, I never like seeing the same party control all 3 branches.
Highly doubtful we see that happening. trump is so contentious that people will vote D all around just to get teh stink out. It's not like he had high approval ratings to give any reason to think this is even remotely possible. It seems that usually the incumbent party does not gain congressional seats unless they were really popular. I think trump's contentiousness and all his obvious issues will cost republicans some seats. But hey, we dont have to wait long to find out.
Damn, The Trump hotel is charging people $1000 per night and access to this party on Election night at Trump Towers in DC with Trump and his family in attendance. It is now sold out.

NY Times report Trump was pulling out of the party and would watch the news at the WH. Eric Trump confirmed this today on Fox News when asked about the party at the Trump hotel, he informed them they would be watching from the WH and not at the party
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1322240648318210048
The same guy who gave us trump university (abject failure) and told us "Trump Steaks are by far the best tasting, most flavorful beef you’ve ever had. Truly in a league of their own." who is also the same guy who left some of his followers freezing on a tarmac.... is also the same guy who backed out of a party that people already paid to attend? Lol. good luck getting that money back. It's gone forever. trump doesnt believe in refunds. Just ask the people stupid enough to pay to attend trump university.

What a surprise.

They think Trump is going to win...that is why they are prepping for unrest. The right doesn't violently erupt based on POTUS elections...but the left did big time in 2016 and it will pale in comparison to 2020. Talk about an irresponsible covid surge that won't be covered....
Honestly i think there would be way more unrest if he loses. His cult followers have been very contentious and extremely vocal, as he has, and he himself has already started questioning the results of the election, long before a single vote was even cast. and the stand back stand by comment for the proud boys... i mean, stand by... perhaps some of them will take this to mean get ready for battle when he loses.

So he's intentionally been sowing the seeds of doubt for months, and doesn't want to even flat out admit he would concede. questioning the election before it's been held is not a sign of an extremely confident or even stable person. biden hasnt done any of that, at all. he hasnt been trying to talk people into losing faith in the inevitable result of the election. but correct me if i am wrong, this seems to be a trump thing. first potus i can recall who ever acted like this. but i suspect he knows he will get soundly beat again in the popular vote, which is odd because in 2012 he was totally against the electoral college, but now that it saved him (twice) he is all about it. That's interesting. His words: "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy. ... A total sham and a travesty." Until of course , you know, it gets you elected.

if the left was going to respond in the way you think they will, they would have done it in 2016. show me all the cities being burned to the ground and all the civil un rest in november 2016. It was a bunch of whiners on social media. that's meaningless. show me the 2016 election riots. i'll wait. cause we've seen way way way more civil unrest under the current administration than we've seen since the 60s.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
What would be the effect if Joe Biden wins on Oklahoma ? He said he will end fracking and phase out use of fossil fuels. No doubt we will suffer a major loss of oil and gas tax revenue.Will we be able to continue to fund our schools and universities at the present level?

Dec 9, 2013
What would be the effect if Joe Biden wins on Oklahoma ? He said he will end fracking and phase out use of fossil fuels. No doubt we will suffer a major loss of oil and gas tax revenue.Will we be able to continue to fund our schools and universities at the present level?
In 1999-2000 the State of OK spent $739MM on higher ed. In the latest budget we plan to spend $770MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.