VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
Dec 9, 2013
What would be the effect if Joe Biden wins on Oklahoma ? He said he will end fracking and phase out use of fossil fuels. No doubt we will suffer a major loss of oil and gas tax revenue.Will we be able to continue to fund our schools and universities at the present level?
In 1999-2000 the State of OK spent $739MM on higher ed. In the latest budget we plan to spend $770MM.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Times were pretty damn good for a lot of people pre-COVID, regardless of his Tweets.
2019 when we had the highest deficit in 7 years. Also had the longest government shutdown in history for no gain. Also had the lowest happiness score since 2012 according to the UN.

Things were absolutely good. They had also been good for the 7 years before that too. But we were also struggling with a huge addiction outbreak across the US that seems to have driven the bad happiness. Also I think social media is negatively affecting peoples happiness more.

Also consumer confidence in 2019 was about what it was in 2015 even dipping down below 2015. So no major changes in the last 4 years. It has been consistently high that whole time. Again all good. Just not radically better recently than a few years back.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I assume you live in the Boston MA area (987)...I have no idea on your areas except for it's nearly always a Dem voting block.

However, I have a nephew in his late 30's in Portland who has never voted but is so sick of what is going on that he's highly motivated...I can't imagine people in Minneapolis wouldn't be motivated and pissed off about rioters burning down some downtown areas. Same with Michigan and Pennsylvania with what has been going on in Philly in the past week. That doesn't even mention those who are pissed off about their businesses being shuttered by the authorities due to Covid.
Imagine being a liberal living in a Rep voting block...

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Incorrect. Nate Silver is arguably the most accurate pollster since the late 2000's from a statistical standpoint. Do you really think some rando on twitter is more accurate?

That is just silly.
https://twitter.com/amlivemon/status/1322364479020085248?s=20

https://twitter.com/AirBossUT5/status/1322371975457722368?s=20

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
there's no place like home...
View attachment 86738

One of two things will happen here.

Trump wins and the "polls are lying but random twitter bot I follow" people are going to totally feel smart about this.

Biden wins and the polls work. The same people will say there was fraud and dead people voted or something stupid like that.

I say actions speak louder than words. The biggest action today was Trump is going low key party for Tuesday. I have no idea how this plays out but him downplaying this is telling.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Doesn't appear to be a "random person on twitter" to me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Well, do you see his or anyone else's names? None of that information is listed on their website:
1604152187529.png

They also don't even have dates on their blog entries, and are interviewing with the Epoch Times....lol. Within the last 8 blog entries, posts about the 2018 election are posted, so he really doesn't appear to be doing much for the 2020 election. That is very bizarre for the "most accurate pollster" to do.
1604152305855.png

Finally, lets take a look at the People's Pundit website, which appears to be his most active one. On the main page, the top videos on the right hand side are the following :
1604152921939.png

This just screams lack of bias and factual reporting, doesn't it?

Let's look at 538's poll ratings which are based on how accurate they are. Keep in mind, Rasumussen, which is a right leaning organization has an A grade. They are biased, but do high quality work. On the other hand, Big Data Poll has only called 25% of the races correctly and earned an F. Are you and @pokes16 really going to hang your hat on this rando and his "work"?
1604153744368.png

Anyone can self-claim that they are awesome and accurate without any outside sources, it literally means nothing. This is a crisis in right wing media, where people with blogs have taken over the bulk of it and push pure fabrications.

So again, warp drives and fusion power will be invented before @pokes16 posts something of substance.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2006
Coweta, I work in Broken Arrow
Things Trump actively wants to conserve:
1. Law and order
2. Our boarders and enhanced entrance policies
3. Life of the unborn
4. State and local control of issues like Covid 19 response
5. Originalist Justices who aren't suppose to re-write law
6. The reduction of taxes on working Americans
7. American jobs over international jobs
8. Nationalism over internationalism
9. Military strength and the peace achieved through it
10. Not meddling in foreign affairs with our military unless absolutely necessary (I realize this can be argued as both liberal or conservative)

Certainly I understand he wasn't conservative in the past, but he has nearly fully embraced conservatism politically in the past five years. Prior to that I would 100% agree that he wasn't a conservative and fiscally he hasn't been conservative so far as the debt continues to rise. My issue could be that I define conservatism by Ronald Reagan not George HW Bush (outsider vs insider, anti establishment vs establishment as we call it today) and those two were quite different in terms of their governance, while both were not conservative in their internationalism. My biggest issue with HW was his use of the term "New World Order," we certainly don't see Trump using that heinous term.

Things Trump actively wants to liberate:
1. Coal miners
2. Restrictions on American businesses
3. Unborn citizens
4. The internet
5. Gun owners
6. States
7. The United States from bad trade deals
8. His hair and his tanning bed
9. His mouth on twitter
10. The conservative press
Your two lists are right on. I can not think of anything to add (in the past 2 minutes)

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Your two lists are right on. I can not think of anything to add (in the past 2 minutes)
Better add electricity to the things Biden is going to take away.

This is a quote from Trump's Wisconsin Rally.

"There will be no heating in the winter, no air conditioning in the summer, and no electricity whenever the hell you want it," Trump claimed

KAG y'all, we have to fight the democrats so they don't take away our heat in the winter!

Signed,
The party that has lost all touch with reality