VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Sorry guys, I've had too many IPA's to continue to debate in any productive way, if I ever had that capability to begin with. You're going to have to wait until I sober up, I'm sure you're all on pins and needles.
Only one apostrophe out of place. Well done.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
The best thing that could happen pre-election, is if both Joe and Don step out of the race and we start over in selection process...is it too little time to find two others to run? We can't do worse...will they both step away? I'm kind of leaning to "hell no"...you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not...

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
OK, if you think Reagan would be proud of where we are now, good for you. You are getting hung up on political parties, and my contention is that Russia under Putin has simply retrenched from the cold war defeat and understands our party divisions better than we do, and is exploiting them to max effect. And I'll add that I don't necessarily think Russian long term interests are opposed to ours. However, Putin understands that Europe is his neighborhood, and getting us out of it is in Russia's interests long term. The argument about spending on "defense" is silly because that is just a matter of contracts for equipment that will never ever be used in anger against anyone in the nuclear age. Russia is advancing, and we are declining, and maybe that is fine. We've been trying to hang onto the post WW2 order for maybe too long now, and the edges are beginning to fray. Putin just understands that Trump is a more disruptive force in this, and hugely ignorant (my opinion) of eventual ramifications.
I never said anything about Reagan.

The fact is everything you mentioned and seemed to blame Trump for was set in place to a large degree under the Obama Administration.

As for Russia, they aren't even listed among the largest 15 economies in the world. China, with current and historical ties to the Democrat party, is the economy on the rise and the greatest risk to the US.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
While Democrats and Media keep us focused on Russia....

19489.jpeg

If you don't remember look up the history of the Clintons and China. You might also look up Biden and China and ask yourself why Biden is so fond of China. We've moved industry and jobs to China. China has deep ties to the communication industry here in the US. If you think China isn't deeply involved with election tampering you might want to research that some.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
We the people are the ones who have let these bozo's in DC get us to where we are now. Trump has been in DC for four years. The GOP and DNC have been screwing us over for decades. If things are falling apart in this county to Russia's benefit, then we need only look in the mirror. As I've said time and time and time again, Trump is a symptom, not the sickness.
I don’t think it’s fair to call Trump a symptom. I think Trump is a radical attempt at a cure. Basically a Hail Mary.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Maybe but you don't try cures that radical unless you are VERY sick. So the analogy is still valid.
I agree that this country is very sick. I only make a distinction between Trump being a symptom versus a desperate attempt at a cure because it shows there are some citizens that realize we have to break away from the Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, Bidens, McCains, etcetera of the world and try something different. I agree with your premise but see the conclusion on Trump as also being important.

I would say the reaction to Trump is the symptom more than Trump himself. It’s the corrupt system and corrupt media fighting back to preserve itself and it’s also the group of citizens that have been indoctrinated by that system to inexplicably hate Trump.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I agree that this country is very sick. I only make a distinction between Trump being a symptom versus a desperate attempt at a cure because it shows there are some citizens that realize we have to break away from the Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, Bidens, McCains, etcetera of the world and try something different. I agree with your premise but see the conclusion on Trump as also being important.

I would say the reaction to Trump is the symptom more than Trump himself. It’s the corrupt system and corrupt media fighting back to preserve itself and it’s also the group of citizens that have been indoctrinated by that system to inexplicably hate Trump.

inexplicably - in a way that cannot be explained or accounted for. Trump brings quite a lot of "hate" on himself...
Our country is sick because it is so divided...the 2 parties cannot compromise for the common good of the American people, and our presidency has further divided our country...
It is a corrupt system, but been that way "forever, forever, forever..."

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
inexplicably - in a way that cannot be explained or accounted for. Trump brings quite a lot of "hate" on himself...
Our country is sick because it is so divided...the 2 parties cannot compromise for the common good of the American people, and our presidency has further divided our country...
It is a corrupt system, but been that way "forever, forever, forever..."
I can’t justify hating someone unless they are evil. Opposing someone politically is one thing. This is pure, unadulterated hate. Yes I find that inexplicable.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I don’t think it’s fair to call Trump a symptom. I think Trump is a radical attempt at a cure. Basically a Hail Mary.
Radical? Def: a person who advocates thorough or complete political or social reform.

Forget the media and political sound bites.

In what way is Trump policy a thorough or complete political or social reform?

Rather, isn't that more descriptive of liberal positions rather than conservative positions?

Let's focus on actual policy enacted and results.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I can’t justify hating someone unless they are evil. Opposing someone politically is one thing. This is pure, unadulterated hate. Yes I find that inexplicable.
I suppose it is pure, pure hate, as you put it...I was thinking about how we throw around the words love and hate...I think half the country loves Trump and half the country hates Trump...much like many presidents before....

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
speaking of which I'd give anything for someone to ask Hillary to produce that bottle of hot sauce from her purse again.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Standing room only. I mean if they actually could stand. If this was all the support I had, I’d quit work at 10 am most days too!

https://twitter.com/Rockprincess818/status/1309931833715355648?s=20